Why is buying just a Frame such an issue

Sidmouth

After a long battle with my current frames and endless warranties I am at the point where I need to walk away and try another brand.

My current setup has all the bells and whistles that one acquires after a few years , so all I need is the frame, but it seems no one sells just frames, you have to buy the whole bike and if you do you land up with the worst wheels or some entry level component that you don’t want anyway.

Specialized makes some nice bikes, but spend R80K and you get Deore, yes, lower than SLX and the 2011, 10 speed drive chain, with wheels ready from the bin.

The Momsen Vipa at R29K is an option but they only make it up to Large and I need an extra-large. Santa Cruz sells frames if you have a spare R46K and currently they are out of stock country wide, one can only guess the new price with our current rand $ exchange.

Anyone got any options.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Order online? Dealing with international sites is only marginally worse than dealing with local suppliers. It usually just requires a little extra time

But local suppliers are about if you look a little. Check out Stoke in Cape Town. They have some fantastic new toys to play with.

Im sure Canyon is great, but I bet it will be a mess if you have a warranty issue

Edited by Sidmouth

What's the ratio of bike buyers to frame buyers.?

Could explain why frames are less freely available than bikes.

But surely they can be sourced if asked nicely and willing to exercise a little patience. (and pay a substantial premium)

Edited by Thomo

Anyone got prices on their recommendations.

Yeti R?

PYGA?

They dont like to list prices on the website