Bike Jacking Melville

Patchelicious

Poked round there today and found a few areas that are far too easy as ambush points with an easy getaway to the road below, as well as open manhole covers that show use of the drainage. 
After speaking to a guy that lives nearby and assists in the area as a security guard (claimed by him) it was theorised that the culprits stay further up the road, towards town side. 
I took a drive by there and can see how the whole thing could pan out. 

Don't want to go into the specifics on an open forum, but I am sharing the information with one of the residents who will be with SAPS/CSS tomorrow. 
Will pressure for feedback from SAPS on the information provided.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Iu_h9YUkT_s/T6pIkdfq4II/AAAAAAAACUI/QPxOXVrSNOc/s400/Blog+31.JPG

Charlie don't surf!

Those spikes need something nasty smeared on them too. Dog poo would work well.

so you would be using their poo then hey... dogs poo... i should camo up go and hide out there and send a few arrows out of my compound bow at them... the dogs

Guys read on our community crime group from reservists they doing an operation in the early morning due to muggings of cyclists, I stay in the Mayfair west area and they cover Melville etc.... So if any cyclists keen to offer assistance can provide the guys number with SAPS.

We have to be riding in numbers again

I always ride the Spruit alone. It really sucks that now one has to be on the lookout without being able to just kick down. I'm not too good at meeting others at specific times after doing battle with traffic all week - hence the solitary rides there. (I'll easily do an 11am or 12pm ride, not 5:30am) Edited by justanotherbiker

I always ride the Spruit alone. It really sucks that now one has to be on the lookout without being able to just kick down. I'm not too good at meeting others at specific times after doing battle with traffic all week - hence the solitary rides there. (I'll easily do an 11am or 12pm ride, not 5:30am)

Thats what https://www.facebook.com/groups/136878833135732/ is for... Staten the time and ask for partners. Im also a 5:30 kinda guy but lately been starting at different times to accommodate the gang.

I must admit that i love my solo rides... But safety 1st