YT Industries announce JEFFSY 29er trail bike

no, they really didn't... 

Yeah, they really did, all the way from 2013:

post-41238-0-80221900-1460112841_thumb.jpg

Still, I want a Jeffsy.  Real bad.

Oh, and it's bullcrap that niners have only recently broken through as contenders in the aggresive trail market.  The 2013-2014 Evo Stumpies filled Spaz's trophy cabinet with awards for bike of the year etc.

People have just been less full of sh*t of late.

Edited by NicoBoshoff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they really did, all the way from 2013:

attachicon.gifSpecialized-2013-Stumpjumper-FSR-Comp-29.jpg

Still, I want a Jeffsy.  Real bad.

Oh, and it's bullcrap that niners have only recently broken through as contenders in the aggresive trail market.  The 2013-2014 Evo Stumpies filled Spaz's trophy cabinet with awards for bike of the year etc.

People have just been less full of sh*t of late.

Different shock mount, on the downtube vs top tube. Bigger rocker, mounted lower. Far bigger stays. And only so many ways to style a bike with a given suspension design. 

As for the Spez, the Enduro was the first one that made it happen properly, but not a lot of others have followed. And the Stumpy as well.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Different shock mount, on the downtube vs top tube. Bigger rocker, mounted lower. Far bigger stays. And only so many ways to style a bike with a given suspension design. 

As for the Spez, the Enduro was the first one that made it happen properly, but not a lot of others have followed. And the Stumpy as well.

Whatever,  you're being stubborn and splitting hairs.  No one is saying it's exactly like the Stumpy.  But it looks a ton like it.  Even my wife, when I showed her the Jeffsy said it looked just like mine.

Whatever,  you're being stubborn and splitting hairs.  No one is saying it's exactly like the Stumpy.  But it looks a ton like it.  Even my wife, when I showed her the Jeffsy said it looked just like mine.

yeah, I am, but the thing is a lot of bikes look like each other. Doesn't mean they were copied or used it for inspiration - there's only a certain amount of ways you can design a frame, and there are bound to be small similarities here and there. It may look the same at a glance, but when you actually look at it, the differences become obvious. 

Remember the PinkBike craze #lookslikeasession? EVERYTHING looked like a session. Even though they really didn't. 

yeah, I am, but the thing is a lot of bikes look like each other. Doesn't mean they were copied or used it for inspiration - there's only a certain amount of ways you can design a frame, and there are bound to be small similarities here and there. It may look the same at a glance, but when you actually look at it, the differences become obvious. 

Remember the PinkBike craze #lookslikeasession? EVERYTHING looked like a session. Even though they really didn't. 

None of this changes the fact that I want a Jeffsy. NOW!

Ya I like that it looks like a Stumpy only its cheaper. One day.

Myles, it does look like a Stumpy but its a joke, I like the bike and all your arguments are valid. But it still looks like  STUMPY - - from 2013. 

At least it doesnt look like a Session.

Fact of the Matter is its a 29r with 140 mm travel and FSR suspension. 

I will buy it in a heartbeat.

I wonder how it climbs.

Specialized called and asked for their Stumpy back...

Specialized phoned and asked YT how they can make their Stumpy handle as well as the Jeffsy. Maybe Gwin took the blue prints for the Stumpy with. Edited by Bizkit031

Specialized phoned and asked YT how they can make their Stumpy handle as well as the Jeffsy. Maybe Gwin took the blue prints for the Stumpy with.

A year ago Gwin called YT and asked them to make a 29er trail bike with a view to a 29er downhill bike in 2017. They said "Ja, for you, Aaron, anysink. "

Anyone else noticed that the Jeffsy is shipped with Onza tyres, who sponsor Gwin, but the rest of the YT bikes are shipped with Maxxis rubber?

• 2 months later...