Contermans to Hoogekraal?

trasver

Hi there

I'm hoping to ride both Contermans and Hoogekraal in the Tygerberg MTB tomorrow.  I know Contermans very very well but have never ridden Hoogekraal.

I did try to cut through from Contermans once to Hoogekraal but couldn't figure it out so turned back.

Looking at the map there is a members only corridor linking the two but I tried where I think it was before and turned back as it really felt like I was going the wrond way and there wasn't any signage.

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/trails.html

Here's where I think it is:  After you climb through bushvine climb and then up through the field that follows you cross over a small bridge, you keep heading straight and the trail veers to right and there's a short climb.  At the top of this climb there's a stile over the fence but no signage.  Last time I went over this stile and just continued straight but it was very overgrown and just felt wrong!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Simon

Eish - The club should update the map. That corridor is now closed (which is why it is very overgrown)

Best link is probably taking the gravel road up past the bike shed, and where you get to the point where the road turns left (at the small house), turn left and then keep on straight with the road until you get to Vissershok, and then from Vissershok go down to Hoogekraal (there is some bumpy singletrack next to the road) 

No, not at all. Go up from the dairy shed and just follow the road. Don't turn right to go towards the blue route single track. Just go straight and there will be a gate. If it's closed then you can go around it. Members only though.

Hi simon

Continue on pass the shed,after the shed you continue until you see to white pillars this would be the corridor to hoogekraal

Thanks everyone for the speedy responses.  

I know exactly where ye mean, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Will arrange for online maps to be updated - will first need them compiled by a 3rd party. There was signage from the Vissershok road side (it is a members only corridor) but somebody nicked the signs the first week they were up.

Only allowed if you're a member of the club with a valid 2016 member board clearly displayed on your handle bars.

Your board MUST be visible AT ALL TIMES, no exceptions allowed.

Any person riding the corridor without a board is riding rogue, and puts the club at risk of losing that trail corridor, perhaps even the entire trail linked to that farm. Land access permissions are highly sensitive with the landowners, partly due to arrogant behavior of prior rogue riders towards landowners and various stakeholders when confronted.

Please guys, for the sake of all of us, if you are not a member, become one before riding members only access areas.

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/online-orders.html

[edit] - OP, I am not implying you are NOT a member, just stating the obvious for anyone reading this who does not have the correct info... :thumbup:

Edited by KarlvN

• 2 weeks later...

Dont feel like starting a new topic so will post here.

I want to go ride Meerendal tomorrow and from there go and do Hoogekraal.

Do I need different passes/permits?

Can I go from Meerendal to Hoogekraal on my bike?

Yes, over Vissershok on the road. No probs. You need to pay at both though if not a TBMB member

Out the Meerendal gate, turn right along the tar, up Vissershok hill, down Vissershok hill, across 4 way stop, turn right into Hoogekraal gate.