Everest for August (Steenbras Viewpoint Climb)

bodger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news on this guy after the Carte Blanche story on Sunday night? :eek:

"This Sunday on Carte Blanche, Devi Sankaree Govender takes a closer look at State functionaries’ continuous losses in court and how it affects the taxpayer. Then, local airline CemAir had 12 aircraft grounded over questions around airworthiness certificates. But insiders say it’s only the beginning of their problems. And we find out if there’s more to the story of Darryn August – the man who ended up paralysed after being thrown from a moving train"

http://702.co.za/articles/291695/story-of-praised-train-hero-darryn-august-full-of-holes-carte-blanche-reveals

Edited by Bloukrans

Cape Town - Crowdfunding platform BackaBuddy said that Darryn August, 28, from Athlone, who was hailed a hero after he apparently tried to save a pregnant woman from knife-wielding robbers two years ago, had allegedly lied about the events surrounding the incident that left him paralysed.

His story went viral in May 2016, when friends started a campaign to raise funds for his medical bills after he fractured his spine when he was “flung from a train and hit a tree, between Firgrove and Somerset West station”.

Investigative journalism programme Carte Blanche uncovered the alleged lies during a follow-up story aired on Sunday. They claimed there were no witnesses to the robbery and no evidence showing the pregnant woman existed.

BackaBuddy chief operating officer Catherine du Plooy said following this news they contacted the NGO Institute for Social Concerns.

I watched the Carte Blanche story on Sunday .

Never good when the person starts avoiding Carte Blanche ....

BS story or not , the guy is in a bad situation and I hope he makes the best of a bad situation .( although not by lying and decieving honest caring people ) .

I watched the Carte Blanche story on Sunday .

Never good when the person starts avoiding Carte Blanche ....

BS story or not , the guy is in a bad situation and I hope he makes the best of a bad situation .( although not by lying and decieving honest caring people ) .

wow, wow, wow.

It really does seem like he fell jumping off the train.

The lie got too big, and now it is catching up with him.

He needs to come clean, it's on CB so now he's way beyond the point of no return.

I would be super bleak if i donated money to this, 

WATCH: Cape Town train hero Darryn August is a fraud…

It’s been revealed that Cape Town’s train hero Darryn August, who received over R500 000 in donations, lied about his story.

In April 2016, August was left paralysed after he was apparently stabbed and flung from a moving train in a bid to protect a pregnant woman from robbers.

He was also believed to become a community helper, inspiring the youth by telling his story and motivating them to aim for more in life. He even had plans to compete at the next Paralympic Games.

He was so convincing… watch his interview with News24 here:

South Africa and the rest of the world embraced this Cape Town story, pledging over half a million rand to his recovery and aid.

However, South African investigative programme Carte Blanche eventually found out that many details of his story were no true.

There was no stabbing.

He did not meet police or the criminals who attacked him.

He did not do inspiring work in the community.

In fact… there was no incident reported around the robbery or evidence that there was a pregnant lady in trouble.