Everest for August (Steenbras Viewpoint Climb)

bodger

The support system is what gets you through difficult times...it sounds like he has a good support...help him and he will recover.

Jared dwyer was going to attempt a double Everest in Durban...as you know he is no longer with us...however there is nothing stopping a group of cyclist from achieving his goal...even if it was done in a relay format...and at the same time raising funds for a good cause...this would be a good cause.

https://www.facebook.com/impossiblejareddwyer/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys,

Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while. Thank you for all your donations.

Darryn says if someone touches his legs he can feel it but he can't move them. He says he is also getting weird sensations up and down his legs from time to time.

He is an eternal optimist, he won't stop believing that he will walk but in the mean time he needs to be looked after. As you guys suggest its not cheap to do all the rehab he will need.

My mission was to get his hospital bills paid for so he has no debt and get him started again once his wounds and bones are healed. The amount of money raised so far will make a good start towards that.

I'm just really chuffed with the response from everyone. So thank you all again for your thoughts, messages and donations.

Ham

Morning guys,

Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while. Thank you for all your donations.

Darryn says if someone touches his legs he can feel it but he can't move them. He says he is also getting weird sensations up and down his legs from time to time.

He is an eternal optimist, he won't stop believing that he will walk but in the mean time he needs to be looked after. As you guys suggest its not cheap to do all the rehab he will need.

My mission was to get his hospital bills paid for so he has no debt and get him started again once his wounds and bones are healed. The amount of money raised so far will make a good start towards that.

I'm just really chuffed with the response from everyone. So thank you all again for your thoughts, messages and donations.

Ham

maybe post this update on social media, and send it to the news outlets that have previously contacted you. try keep it going as long as possible

so yeah - 36 summits on pumpstation.

good luck!

I'll join you guys for a few, but even at my fittest i would never attempt 36 times...

Best of luck for tomorrow guys!

Edit: Made a contribution now quickly. Easy peasy and what a deserving cause.

Edited by Ferro

Wow

Very special

It's a tough gradient

Beautiful service to someone in need