My training ride this morning

IanJ

I had a really terrible ride this morning, no taxis, no red robots just lots of mountains and fresh air.

View of the Amphitheatre from near the Cavern

20080505_062320_DSC00816.JPG

Slightly closer, see the snow still on the peaks

20080505_062619_DSC00817.JPG

My bike with the Tugela in the background

20080505_062819_DSC00818.JPG

Nice spot to stop for drinks

20080505_063012_DSC00821.JPG

Ate my lunch here (sandwiches etc. packed by hotel) Big%20smile.

20080505_063706_DSC00822.JPG

All in all managed to get in 65km of mixed tar, jeep track and single track riding. 

Awesome!

Did you stay at the Cavern?

Yup, wife is doing a week long art class here so I was dragged along kicking and screaming with my MTB.

Unfortunately due to work issues I have to come home tomorrow but will be back Wednesday for the rest of the week.

I believe there is a trail from Montusi, near Alpine Heath up to Little Switzerland. I want to go try it out later in the week.

[
Unfortunately due to work issues I have to come home tomorrow but will be back Wednesday for the rest of the week.

Ha! So we'll see you tomorrow at Illovo 05:15 so you can plod the streets

of Jhb, then? We'll give you a dose of reality, laddie! Smile

Guest Big H

We cannot train as M bumped her toe on the couch in the lounge. All swollen and various shades of blue. I am worried it may be cracked or even worse broken. We cannot leave the country becuase we havent got our work permits yet. Sheesh and we just started training regularly again..... damn damn damn!!!!!!!

[

Ha! So we'll see you tomorrow at Illovo 05:15 so you can plod the streets
of Jhb' date= then? We'll give you a dose of reality, laddie! Smile
[/quote]

Will be there Wednesday morning, top of William Nicol as usual.

To quote Monty Phython: "Thats nothing, ....", you should have been with me in the Magaliesmountains this past weekend.

20080505_231821_m_DSC01494.JPG

20080505_231917_m_DSC01497.JPG

do you know what ianj, you need to slow down. i heard even andrew maclean is getting scared. you must live on a diet of energizer bunnies!Wink

You just don't get beter than fresh air and atmosphere like that.........Great ride awsome place to ride.........

Must be terrible not having to deal with the traffic, taxi's, toxins etc. I live in the only place where you can actually see the air you breath. Enjoy while you can smiley1.gif