Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

This member has joined my team today after a wee chat with Myles.  In this fight cycling came second. Sorry. :blush:

Apple Tool & Gas currently have special on them and I couldn't resist.

http://www.bosch-naradie.sk/images/bosch-gcm12gdl-gta2500w-akcia-0615990FZ6-1v.jpg

very nice! If you don't mind me asking, how many ronds?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metabo is still good though. It is a pity that their presence in our market has shrunk so much. These days in the SA professional market it is Bosch, Makita and then Festool in order of how strong your bank balance is.

Edited by Moridin

Oh - anyone got any input on the new li-ion Ryobi hand tools? Particularly jigsaw, impact driver and mini circular. Seems pretty good from what limited investigation I've done, and reasonably priced to boot. 

I've got the Bosch GSB1080 cordless drill/driver, but find myself wanting something with a bit more oomph for those stubborn screws & bolts. 

Oh - anyone got any input on the new li-ion Ryobi hand tools? Particularly jigsaw, impact driver and mini circular. Seems pretty good from what limited investigation I've done, and reasonably priced to boot. 

I've got the Bosch GSB1080 cordless drill/driver, but find myself wanting something with a bit more oomph for those stubborn screws & bolts. 

Myles, rather save and buy DeWalt then...Ryobi is s h i t, regardless of what colour they package it in.

I saved and got the DeWalt 18v Li-Ion with a spare battery last year for R1800. It's worth every sent...

HUGE EDIT: Ergonomicaly Ryobi is s h i t too

Edited by Ed-Zulu

DROOOOOOOL!!!

EDIT: Bugger you! You got the new articulating arm one! YOU BASTARD! 

I need to make a trolley for mine, the lowly Metabo KGS254M

Thought you had a 216M like me? Did you upgrade?

Myles, rather save and buy DeWalt then...Ryobi is s h i t, regardless of what colour they package it in.

I saved and got the DeWalt 18v Li-Ion with a spare battery last year for R1800. It's worth every sent...

HUGE EDIT: Ergonomicaly Ryobi is s h i t too

Wow, that's a good price. VERY good. 

And yeah, thought as much. Will see what I can get when I'm able to get them (ie when I have the cash)

Top of the list is a Makita, but DeWalt or Bosch will do just as well. 

Wow, that's a good price. VERY good. 

And yeah, thought as much. Will see what I can get when I'm able to get them (ie when I have the cash)

Top of the list is a Makita, but DeWalt or Bosch will do just as well. 

I had a Ryobi Li-Ion 18v drill driver...it wouldn't stand on its battery when put down a bit hard, the handle was not nice and the entire tool completely out of balance.

The 1st battery lasted a month and at that point I returend it to Builders for credit, which I used to buy the DeWalt.

One bit of Ryobi that did last and which I rate as a quite good diy'ers router is the 1000W router which they copied off an old Elu router from the early 90's, every so often I still see one for sale at Makro.

Just a correction.  In my excitement I posted the pic with the wrong base.  My package came with this base. So, not as cool as the trolley base.  :blush:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/301e1663aa7d8af33457e0e07007fb63.jpg

Edited by Moridin

swanky price there Moridin :thumbup:

Talking about cordless tools, my Bosch pro cordless drill's batteries crapped out. Both at the same time which was really poor timing. Anyone know where to repack them here in cape town? its R800 for brand new replacements. meh.

swanky price there Moridin :thumbup:

Talking about cordless tools, my Bosch pro cordless drill's batteries crapped out. Both at the same time which was really poor timing. Anyone know where to repack them here in cape town? its R800 for brand new replacements. meh.

Power Tool Man, Ndabeni. Near Ellies on Avonduur Road. 

EDIT: When I bought my mitre saw, they said they also did that for a large range of tools. Think they do it in house. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Just a correction.  In my excitement I posted the pic with the wrong base.  My package came with this base. So, not as cool as the trolley base.  :blush:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/301e1663aa7d8af33457e0e07007fb63.jpg

Still a darn good price. It's going for R 14,800 on tools4wood which generally has good pricing. 

Power Tool Man, Ndabeni. Near Ellies on Avonduur Road. 

EDIT: When I bought my mitre saw, they said they also did that for a large range of tools. Think they do it in house. 

shot Myles! :thumbup: