Chris Willemse's Vintage Collection

post-1923-0-72187900-1465983315_thumb.jpg

This is myown Eddy Merckx which I used for many years. Unfortunatly I nearly lost it

one evening after Johny Koen had a tv interview with me for one of his programs.

I left it outside under the Lapa which burned down later that evening.

Luckily for me the EM was not completely destroyed.

I am not repairing it but leave it as is.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gif22.jpg

This is myown Eddy Merckx which I used for many years. Unfortunatly I nearly lost it

one evening after Johny Koen had a tv interview with me for one of his programs.

I left it outside under the Lapa which burned down later that evening.

Luckily for me the EM was not completely destroyed.

I am not repairing it but leave it as is.

Is this the same Johny Koen who has a cycling shop in Hartenbos?

Is this the same Johny Koen who has a cycling shop in Hartenbos?

No. The Johny Koen I am talking about is a former Springbok cycles and owner of Velotex.

attachicon.gif006.jpg

This Lejeune is actually an Peugeot 531 road bike that will soon be restored in its original colours.

Fitted with campac. Take note already in the 70"s the cyclist were weight conscious.

The seat pillar was drilled full of holes , front blade removed and no front changer and lever.

Fantastic Bikes, thanks for sharing.

What is the story behind this bike? How did it end up painted as a Lejeune?

Fantastic Bikes, thanks for sharing.

What is the story behind this bike? How did it end up painted as a Lejeune?

The person whos bike it was got a sponsor from someone but had to be on a Lejeune. He then only resprayed his bikes and put Lejeune stickes on it but I am going restore it to its origanal state soon again. Many more bikes coming your way.

So Oom Chris,

Wanneer maak die Chris Willemse Fiets Museum oop?

Ek reken die mense (ek ingesluit) sal tou staan om te kom kyk en begeer (en natuurlik 'n paar biere/koffie te nuttig)

http://s13.postimg.org/h30z1y6yf/gif6.gif

I have a huge collection and is still busy building up as I get old parts.Soon I will add some Battaglins, Frejus, Cenelli, Poglahagi , Colnago , Peugeots, Zini ect on the hub.

I have a huge collection and is still busy building up as I get old parts.Soon I will add some Battaglins, Frejus, Cenelli, Poglahagi , Colnago , Peugeots, Zini ect on the hub.

Come on Mr Willemse, admit it, you are single-handedly the reason for the shortage of vintage stuff in SA! ;) 

(Just kidding, I love it, keep them coming)

Archived