[Event] 2016 Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB

Pedal Power Association

Think Wannabe is hitting the nail on the head for that one.

They use the same racetec timing system they use for every other PPA race, forwarding an email to SAseeding with the results on shouldn't cost a cent extra....

Me thinks the big entry fee is because they can - thinks the race sell out every year, so if you want to do it stop complaining and enter...

Entered and going all guns blazing as I need some seeding for W2W

Your probably right then, if thats the case, I dont know where they are coming from

See you all at the ride, gaan oop loop!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i dont understand, doesn't W2W use your saseeding index? Then all trailseeker etc. events count towards it and not just this expensive event?

what really cheeses me off is that the minute it is a multi-stage event then the entry cost goes more than R500 per day and that's for the real cheap events with the start and finish venue the same for all stages.

So i dont understand, doesn't W2W use your saseeding index? Then all trailseeker etc. events count towards it and not just this expensive event?

There a few events for SA seeding in WC

And I can do only one trailseeker this year, so need additional seeding events

And this is in the W2W backyard.........

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the route for the 75K ? 

I just entered but would like to get an idea of what this entails. 

Anyone have the route for the 75K ? 

I just entered but would like to get an idea of what this entails. 

Kudos on this one

Anyone have a route of last year perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the total ascent is for the 45km route? Cant find anything on the website.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the total ascent is for the 45km route? Cant find anything on the website.

Thanks

Around 1200m. Clocked that last year

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

It's not mentioned in the article, but I see there's a 30km route also. I'm wondering if it'll be any good? I've not cycled for a while, so not sure I'd even get round the 45km route before it got dark :-S Having said that, I don't just want to ride jeep track and roads. I'd rather get 30kms into the 45km route and pass-out, if the longer route has more to offer... 

Thanks!

Marc

More details now on : http://www.pedalpower.org.za/events/pedal-power-association-95/

Latest email from PPA on this event : 

NEWSFLASH: ELGIN VALLEY MTB

A few cyclists have contacted us for the route profiles for the Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB. We are still tweaking the routes a little - there’s one section of new singletrack which our route designer is inspecting today. We’d really like to include that if it will be completed and ready to ride so there may be one or two small tweaks to come, but the profiles will be uploaded this week.

We’ve uploaded a detailed route description for the 70 km route to the website. Robert rode it again on the weekend and he says it’s tough, but really special. Expect to climb around 2000m over a distance of 70 km (ouch!)  – but it’s worth it. Because this route goes over the Groenlandberg, seeding requirements apply. If you do not have the required PPA seeding but think you’re fit enough and up to the challenge, please send Rozanne@pedalpower.org.za an email with recent results we can look at.

The untimed short route is aimed at newcomers and novices. Youngsters are most welcome on this route too (please remember that kids u/12 must, for safety reasons, be accompanied by an adult at all times). The 15 km route takes in as many flat areas as we could find on Paul Cluver Estate, and is designed in a “figure of 8” which passes close to the start/finish venue. This means that, if you have completed the first 8 km loop and feel you’ve had enough, you are welcome to call it a day.

The two middle routes (30 km, 45 km)  incorporate a few climbs to make sure you get a good workout – have a look at the profiles later in the week. Cyclists who have ridden on Paul Cluver before will recognize and look forward to these sections: Witklippies, Raka, the Swing, Cobra, Mamba, Boomslang, the stunning bridge at Pofadder, the Pine Singles and Huppelland. The 45 km and 30 km routea are also including some sections on Oak Valley.

Both the 70 km and 45 km routes will be used as seeding for the 2016 Wines to Whales.

Before the ride, coffee and pancakes will be on offer to provide the necessary fuel. Afterwards, several food stalls will offer tasty treats for sale. For liquid refreshments, Paul Cluver wines and cider will be on sale, as well as coffee and cooldrink. For the first time, we’ll even have a beer truck at the event offering four different kinds of craft beer on tap!

Celebrity MC Deon Bing will be at the event to cheer you on. The top three men and female riders in both the 70 km and 45 km routes will receive prize money, while many awesome lucky draw prizes can be won in the lucky draw, including a R5 000 Tiletoria voucher.

Entries close on 15 August or as soon as 1000 entries have been received, whichever comes first.