Guarentee on frames

Mickey Wade

Hi, am busy looking at a new 29 or 27  full suspension for my wife. I have heard that Trek, Cannondale and Pyga are the only makes to have a lifetime Guarantee on their frames?  Certainly puts the ball in their favour ?

Any advice please.

Thanks

Appreciated

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyga do not have a lifetime guarantee on their frames.  Giant do though.

Edited by PeterF

Pyga do not have a lifetime guarantee on their frames.  Giant do though.

Thanks, noted, a lot of research to do.

From the Pyga site :-

"DURATION OF WARRANTY

PYGA INDUSTRIES will guarantee its products from manufacturing and material defects for a period of 2 years from date of original purchase. Paint, decals and other decorative elements are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of six months (6 months)."

Edited by PeterF

Giant Lifetime guarantee and to be honest I've replaced 3 frames under it and got to know the guys at Dragon pretty well. They are handled local (within SA) at most LBS's and less than a week on each claim.  

Giant Lifetime guarantee and to be honest I've replaced 3 frames under it and got to know the guys at Dragon pretty well. They are handled local (within SA) at most LBS's and less than a week on each claim.  

Yip, this is what convinced me to buy a Anthem frame last week.  I love the Pyga One Ten 29, but for R22k I want more than a 2 year warranty.

From the Pyga site :-

"DURATION OF WARRANTY

PYGA INDUSTRIES will guarantee its products from manufacturing and material defects for a period of 2 years from date of original purchase. Paint, decals and other decorative elements are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of six months (6 months)."

My misunderstanding. My Scott has a longer Guarantee. Will research all websites individually. Looking for best mid range soft tail bike for wife to do next year's Sani

That's excellent. Question, why have you needed to replace 3 frames? Or are you speaking as a bike agency who has handed frames back on behalf of other people, so it's not your frame that needed to be replaced 3 times

That's excellent. Question, why have you needed to replace 3 frames? Or are you speaking as a bike agency who has handed frames back on behalf of other people, so it's not your frame that needed to be replaced 3 times

Unfortunately my frames each time there seems that Giant had an issue with top tube weld on the 2014 frame so frame broke same place each time, now they have upgraded me to the 2016 frame no charge and the frame has been changed much stronger top tube assembly. i must be 100% honest you can feel a difference in the bike less flex when you throw it through the trails. 

Great thanks, will definitely look at Giant then also. Will go into a couple of bike shops up here to compare different brands. Would not have considered Giant before, but obviously worth looing at

Lifetime warranty is obviously an important consideration - hopefully it comes with a bike that fits and is fun to ride.