[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was yesterday's forecast. Note the difference between yours and mine in the "rain" row. Wind seems normal.

c603f838c414ad079d45b2c068c46a1d.png

Yup... :D

Looks like I'm gonna have quite a welcome with this weather! Jhb doesn't seem to be for sissies hey! :-( :'(

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ummm, how do the women elites  work, in terms of, they do the 125km - does one qualify to do that distance? Is it possible for a pleb to enter the longer distance? 

Ummm, how do the women elites work, in terms of, they do the 125km - does one qualify to do that distance? Is it possible for a pleb to enter the longer distance?

All licensed woman do 103km.

It's only the men that do 125km.

Edit: licensed men (Elite, Junior, Vets 30-39,40-49 and 50+)

Edited by geraldm24

8bec00efa940ed2785358049a3bbfe81.jpg

10 000km! congrats! :clap:

Your congrats would have been timely 90 007km ago [emoji106]

Edit: i reckon temp gauge is smoking its socks

Edited by Harryn

There were three of us in the car, and 2 of us would ride the single track sections before resuming the marking from the luxury of the car (aircon).

I can tell you that it was uncomfortable on the bike, with very little wind blowing - my mates Garmin showed 44, but that is also open to debate.

At the beginning of the year we had a heat wave like this and myself and a few mates where bragging about how hot it was on our afternoon rides, I was getting around 39 on my garmin so I decided to stop and put my garmin on the road for a bit. Wasn't long and it hit 48. I picked it up before it stuffed the thing up.

So if the car had been standing out in the open for a while and the sensor was close to direct sunlight it may be right. But I am sure as soon as they started moving it would have come down.

We were driving at about 20-25km/h and watching the temperature climb. Stopped so I could take a photo without the shaking.

This was in the bush, on jeep track with more grass than sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerald, quick question (not sure if it has been asked, tried searching). Was the Satellite Classic used for seeding for the race?