Broadacres to Harties and back (mtb)

Stoffel_ZA

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been asked somewhere else..

Does anyone have a nice MTB route from Broadacres to Harties and back that has minimal road riding?

Thanks

i do have a route from kyalami if you interested? havent ridden it in years, but its very nice. 

only thing is dont know what the safety issues would be as we pass some townships.

send me PM and we can talk

etienne

Does anyone have a nice MTB route from Broadacres to Harties and back that has minimal road riding?

Thanks

yep....you basically ride next to lanseria road....very nice singletrack btw and then by motel nikita you hook a left..up and over the the bultjie and then to the alehouse....from there you are basically in harties...work in a loop of VG if you are feeling strong.

yep....you basically ride next to lanseria road....very nice singletrack btw and then by motel nikita you hook a left..up and over the the bultjie and then to the alehouse....from there you are basically in harties...work in a loop of VG if you are feeling strong.

do you mean the R512, rouxtjie?

yebo...had to check google earth. Much better is to start from home of the chicken pie..... and then go out to harties.

Agree 100%.  

With the current state of SA "politics", i would not advise anyone to cycle past any township or informal settlement until after the Local Gov Elections.

Agree 100%.  

With the current state of SA "politics", i would not advise anyone to cycle past any township or informal settlement until after the Local Gov Elections.

totally agree, that area behind broadacres going up to the lionpark is dodge....very dodge. Drive to chicken pie....then our ride from there to harties or VG.

totally agree, that area behind broadacres going up to the lionpark is dodge....very dodge. Drive to chicken pie....then our ride from there to harties or VG.

??

Is this recently ?  I have ridden there a lot this year and has being fine 

As route above 

Edited by Milosh

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks

I have a route that I did from home to Broadacres, from there to harties, to VG, Up the concrete strips, down Dagga Pad, sattelite road and back up the R512 on the singletrack, back behind Lanseria to broadacres and home.

You hit the start of the concrete strips with about 70km in the legs already

All in all that was about 132km, Ill see if I can find the route on Strava for you.

Edited by ChUkKy

I have a route that I did from home to Broadacres, from there to harties, to VG, Up the concrete strips, down Dagga Pad, sattelite road and back up the R512 on the singletrack, back behind Lanseria to broadacres and home.

You hit the start of the concrete strips with about 70km in the legs already

All in all that was about 132km, Ill see if I can find the route on Strava for you.

Sounds proper bud! Nice DAY out!!

Edited by Kyle Petersen