Cycling can be a very cruel sport

Vetseun

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not forgetting the champ, what a ride, what an athlete

CmYKkssWIAAPwz_.jpg

Any news what happened to Yo!anda? did she just over cook it at the beginning?

CmYKkssWIAAPwz_.jpg

Maybe a combination of heat and last weekend's marathon world champs catching up with her?

yip, hard luck. Anyone else cheering for Emily in the sprint though?

I am a big Emily fan, and when bad luck strike for the other girls I was off my seat to cheer her!

It was a good race, I really feel bad for the 2 women who got flats on the last lap!

CmYKkssWIAAPwz_.jpg

She's a good athlete and she knows it.  Would have been nice if she was a bit more humble and approachable like some of the other better and more famous athletes.

She's a good athlete and she knows it.  Would have been nice if she was a bit more humble and approachable like some of the other better and more famous athletes.

How is she not humble?

Like hubby says.. even with a messed up face she still looks pretty.[emoji6]

I bet she's told all her Rabo Liv team mates how she's proper hard and their not. And that her good looks is down to her being French and that even rocks ain't strong enough to damage it. :whistling:

That cheek is going to be very very sore! OUCH!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

She's a good athlete and she knows it. Would have been nice if she was a bit more humble and approachable like some of the other better and more famous athletes.

??????????

How is she not humble?

I would love to know this too? Certainly top class athletes do have a certain sense of borderline arrogance but it's to help them compete. I've always found Annika to be very likeable.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Normally when one makes such an incredibly loaded statement like that, directly on a person's character. At least try to quantify it in the same breath, only the decent thing to do. 

Otherwise it's a bit more than hypocritical no?

I find her very pleasant and likeable. Dont know her and probably never will. But on TV she appears to be a very pleasant person.

I find her very pleasant and likeable. Dont know her and probably never will. But on TV she appears to be a very pleasant person.

Yeah. To me she comes across as very shy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Are we talking about Anika here? she oozes professionalism, and tenacity, and talent! she has always come across well in interviews, but whether you  'like' someone or not is purely subjective, and irrelevant in this context.

Yeah. To me she comes across as very shy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah remember her first UCI XCO victory in Italy last year, she was so taken back, didn't know what to do with her herself besides saying hello to her mum in the interview.

Are we talking about Anika here? she oozes professionalism, and tenacity, and talent! she has always come across well in interviews, but whether you 'like' someone or not is purely subjective, and irrelevant in this context.

When she crushed the Leadville 100 ladies race time she said afterwards that she was simply riding as fast as she could because she had no idea how close the second placed rider was to her. The record was a goal but not to the extent that she rewrote it by. She would've happily settled for the win and was stoked at getting the record too. All on her first attempt too. Very classy rider, I bet she'd be an ace at enduro too!

yip, hard luck. Anyone else cheering for Emily in the sprint though?

Funny enough, no.

Emily is good, but in terms of the competion, she had to have luck on her side to get a bronze.

But, such is the cruelty of the sport...history will show that she got bronze and not how she got it.

post-77543-0-23223400-1467559207_thumb.gif

Archived