26er or 650b trail/enduro bike on a budget

Xanderstander

I'm reading all these comments about regretting selling a Teocali..... 

I might just persuade myself to keep the stumpy and get one of those kief looking rear mug guards for sale on the hub for the rear wheel while I am at it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might just persuade myself to keep the stumpy and get one of those kief looking rear mug guards for sale on the hub for the rear wheel while I am at it.

I persuaded myself this weekend.....

I spent 2 hours at Giba on my own riding my 'Goose in the rain (Sounds dirty and it was ;) )

What a jol!! Had an absolute blast. There was a race/trail run event in the morning. I arrived just after 10am just as everybody was leaving. It was drizzling a bit but everybody knows what Giba is like with a little rain...

Started on the RHS of the valley next to the N3 but came across taped tracks everywhere I went. Headed over onto the other side and hopped onto Easy Blue. Did Bizhub 1 & 2 and finished with Alpine Pass and Narrow Track back to the clubhouse. 

It might climb like a dog but then I wasn't exactly built for climbing either  :thumbup:  Propedal helps a LOT and I didn't even bother to lock out the fork. Been lacking confidence after being off the bike for a very long time but it's slowly coming back. Decision made.... the 'Goose is staying!

Was out on the trail yesterday with a rider looking at the bike .... not nice seeing another person riding your bike :(

I had a Teocali Super, loved the bike, should never have gotten rid of it.

I had one too! Best bike I've ever owned... Sold to move toward the 29ers, worst decision I've ever made! Teocalis were bulletproof and built to make you smile every single ride!

Was out on the trail yesterday with a rider looking at the bike .... not nice seeing another person riding your bike :(

If it's any consolation, I enjoyed riding it  ;)

Coming back from Canada I found it very interesting how many 26 ers are doing the rounds, Even in whistler bike Park. People are more concerned about riding. The north shore in vancouver was a bit of an eye opener when it comes to skill for riding, I rode blue trails that were more gnar than some of our so called black trails. And 26 ers whipped my ass.

Just to add My 2 Cents!!! I Know the discussion is More about 650 B or 29ers But i Recently Purchased a 26r Mongoose Pinn'r And Am Having an absolute blast. My 29er Hard tail is just gathering dust at the Moment. The Goose is Heavy to Ride But just Screams fun Every time  i ride it. At the same time the Price i Paid was a Give away.

Hopefully thats better Sorry Not Here for Grammar Lessons.

Edited by The Flying German

Coming back from Canada I found it very interesting how many 26 ers are doing the rounds, Even in whistler bike Park. People are more concerned about riding. The north shore in vancouver was a bit of an eye opener when it comes to skill for riding, I rode blue trails that were more gnar than some of our so called black trails. And 26 ers whipped my ass.

And in Europe too. The stats on the Whistler opening weekend had it at 50/50 26/650b bikes down from 70/30 ifo 26 in 2015. The shift shows that some people bought new bikes and of course there are precious few new 26er bikes out there to buy. It also explains why Rocky Mountain have made their latest DH bike compatible with either wheel size. Some people just like the stronger, lighter, more playful wheel size where the trails are rowdy....

And in Europe too. The stats on the Whistler opening weekend had it at 50/50 26/650b bikes down from 70/30 ifo 26 in 2015. The shift shows that some people bought new bikes and of course there are precious few new 26er bikes out there to buy. It also explains why Rocky Mountain have made their latest DH bike compatible with either wheel size. Some people just like the stronger, lighter, more playful wheel size where the trails are rowdy....

http://i.imgur.com/ZyU6Zcp.jpg

Some lekker data on that page.

The component choices was quite interesting as well.

Despite half the riders rolling in on 26 inch wheels component choices reflect an overwhelming majority of mid to top spec bikes.

This suggests that perhaps people aren't riding 26 because its cheaper.

But because they want to.