Rogue Riding at Meerendal

Mamil

Listen ... I'm not sure I like all this anti slow sentiment here. Jaco may be an ass but not everyone who walks up that hill is a tjop so go easy on us back markers.

Captain Slow was my favourite TopGear presenter, so no prejudice for the pushers here. Only prejudice for the entitled and the oblivious.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen ... I'm not sure I like all this anti slow sentiment here. Jaco may be an ass but not everyone who walks up that hill is a tjop so go easy on us back markers.

I was commenting on his speed going down. Uphills are just meh...

Well I left a link for Mr Mostert to this thread on his Strava comments so lets see if he deleted the ride or has the courage to apologise.

Well I left a link for Mr Mostert to this thread on his Strava comments so lets see if he deleted the ride or has the courage to apologise.

report him to the club. Easy Peasy. No tolerance for retards like that. 

I'll let you okes in on a little secret here,...Thor Buttox own every KOM at Meerendal,..but he hides all his rides ???????? True story.

Captain Slow was my favourite TopGear presenter, so no prejudice for the pushers here. Only prejudice for the entitled and the oblivious.

I have had my fair share of hike-a-bikes up Dorstberg in my younger days  :ph34r:

So I do admire the tenacity it takes to walk up a mountain to rogue ride a trail that is seemingly beyond your ability.

They should set up a a good old gallows ( galg) at the top and bottom of every Tygerberg trail. Then the lynch mob can sort these perps out once and for all, on the spot. The sight of rogue mamil's swinging in the wind will surely deter any further transgressions. And we will be spared another "rogue rider on __________ trail thread on the hub. :-) Easy peasy!

I'll let you okes in on a little secret here,...Thor Buttox own every KOM at Meerendal,..but he hides all his rides ???????? True story.

LOL, jaja, boet... If I wasn't dense, I mean, heavy, and could ride down the hill, I would!

I have had my fair share of hike-a-bikes up Dorstberg in my younger days :ph34r:

So I do admire the tenacity it takes to walk up a mountain to rogue ride a trail that is seemingly beyond your ability.

Me too. And if I hit the wrong line on that steep section, I still do. #noshame

Pity there no wall blocking the entrances to trails. then there can be turnstiles that will move once you put money in :ph34r:

Another fine example of why one must be careful about one's personal internet footprint.*

* This post in no way condones the rogue riding, or ignorance of trail closures.

I'm not a member. But ride the tygerberg trails occasionally. Honesty box usually. Although we got a receipt from the store at Contis on sunday. Thing is though as a non-member you don't have a board on your bike. When you don't have one displayed people tend to think the worse. I've never been asked to prove that I paid but prepare myself should it happen. A quick video of my hand actually throwing some cash into the box on my phone should be enough. When I do this I chuckle thinking of all the rogue drama up here recently and what I have to do make sure I don't end up in the thick of it. But the fact remains.

No board on bike? You're being watched. Whether you've paid or not. Please also understand that despite being a paying day customer, you might be stopped and asked to prove it. Sigh.

Also what a fuss it must be for board displaying members having to feel obligated to confront non board displaying riders. Surely it wasn't a pleasure for Mamil feeling he had to do that while trying to enjoy his ride?

Was chatting to a buddy about the boards mid ride and asked why they don't just do stickers one can slap on the frame? High visibility perhaps? If so why not issue temp boards to day riders like helderberg does? Just venting I guess.

We received cardboard boards yesterday at helderberg. Pity a system like this cant be implemented. Although the sticker idea is a brilliant one. Have a dispensing machine so that you can purchase you sticker, and if its not too much of a muchness then hopefully said machine can print/stamp the date onto the sticker as well.

I'm not a member. But ride the tygerberg trails occasionally. Honesty box usually. Although we got a receipt from the store at Contis on sunday. Thing is though as a non-member you don't have a board on your bike. When you don't have one displayed people tend to think the worse. I've never been asked to prove that I paid but prepare myself should it happen. A quick video of my hand actually throwing some cash into the box on my phone should be enough. When I do this I chuckle thinking of all the rogue drama up here recently and what I have to do make sure I don't end up in the thick of it. But the fact remains.

No board on bike? You're being watched. Whether you've paid or not. Please also understand that despite being a paying day customer, you might be stopped and asked to prove it. Sigh.

Also what a fuss it must be for board displaying members having to feel obligated to confront non board displaying riders. Surely it wasn't a pleasure for Mamil feeling he had to do that while trying to enjoy his ride?

Was chatting to a buddy about the boards mid ride and asked why they don't just do stickers one can slap on the frame? High visibility perhaps? If so why not issue temp boards to day riders like helderberg does? Just venting I guess

I for one quite enjoy a bit of an argument so when I am confronted. I give a bit of *** back and then prove that I paid. I think rider's in rouge are a far bigger problem actually :-)

We received cardboard boards yesterday at helderberg. Pity a system like this cant be implemented. Although the sticker idea is a brilliant one. Have a dispensing machine so that you can purchase you sticker, and if its not too much of a muchness then hopefully said machine can print/stamp the date onto the sticker as well.

We received a piece of paper?

Archived