TokaiMTB Volunteer Build Day 13 August, 2016

(Deon)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a while since I have been on a build. What do we need to bring? Gloves and a spade? 

Are there goodie bags? What will there be at the water tables? Do we get a massage afterwards?

Its been a while since I have been on a build. What do we need to bring? Gloves and a spade? 

Are there goodie bags? What will there be at the water tables? Do we get a massage afterwards?

Spade and a GOOD rake. And gloves. And food.

The rake is one of the most versatile tools for cutting trail. As long as it's steel and you don't mind bending it back into shape every now and then, it's a good tool to have.

And there should be beer... 

Trying to register my butler for tomorrow using the same contact details as mine. Not working.

I don't have time to make a new email right now. Heading out.

When do submissions close for tomorrow's build day?

Trying to register my butler for tomorrow using the same contact details as mine. Not working.

he can take my spot. 

Deon - can you arrange please? 

Skollie - just send Deon his details via PM. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

limitations are one email address per registration. Blame mailchimp.

Tools of the trade........bring a rake they said, it's the most useful tool for opening a trail they said........well, not if you are up against a black wattle infestation! A little thermo-nuclear device would have been the preferred tool if you ask me!

post-17716-0-66993100-1471108018_thumb.jpg

This is how the bloody alien Auzzies have invaded us! Top entrance of Mamba when we got there! I thought we would sukkel to clear a postage stamp area, it was that thick. And easily lose a couple of people in there!

post-17716-0-31079400-1471108343_thumb.jpg

Three hours later and about 150 metres clear enough for even the wiiiiidest of handlebars! Pulling those bastards was hard work on the hands and the back! !

post-17716-0-22174700-1471108534_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

I love the smell of 2 stroke oil helping to clear fallen gums across the big berm, which survived the fire and seems to be baked rock solid.

post-17716-0-88288200-1471108803_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR