KASK Crash Replacement Policy?

Wheelsuck

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 pages and no one has asked how the bike is?

Come okes, this is bike hub not helmut hub.

Or if the bike came with a crash replacement warranty?

You are spot on the product is great and that is why it is so sad that the warrantee is what sucks.

Since when is crash replacement a warranty?

Since when is crash replacement a warranty?

since it was an assumption that it will be a 50% discount

However this is where the story goes bad. I approached the Retailer who phoned N Square. I was offered a new one for R3000 which is 20% off Retail. Now as far as I understand the Kask Crash replacement is 50% Internationally. So when this was mentioned  to the Retailer the reply from NSquared (The Distributor)  was that this is the offer and they refused to budge, their response was:

Who told you the crash replacement policy was 50% discount on a new helmet? And when did they tell you this? At time of purchase?  I think these facts are quite important to your case.

In my experience sales people have never been known to lie or exaggerate to get a sale....

The distributor is getting the flack here when I know for a fact that they have NEVER advertised the Kask range with a 50% crash replacement policy.

Every helmet that I have bought with a crash replacement policy has had a card with the helmet stating the policy.  The last time I saw one of these cards was in 2006.

Who told you the crash replacement policy was 50% discount on a new helmet? And when did they tell you this? At time of purchase?  I think these facts are quite important to your case.

In my experience sales people have never been known to lie or exaggerate to get a sale....

The distributor is getting the flack here when I know for a fact that they have NEVER advertised the Kask range with a 50% crash replacement policy.

Every helmet that I have bought with a crash replacement policy has had a card with the helmet stating the policy.  The last time I saw one of these cards was in 2006.

I am not to sure what your point is but: The Retailer told me what the warrantee is secondly if you search on the web the general info is that it is 50% but not specific to SA. I find it very strange that a warrantee is decided by the Distributor and not the manufacturer. There was no warrantee information on the swing tag or box. Point is the warrantee varies internationally and the distributor decides it which I find strange and hence my point their warrantee is basically worth nothing  compared to other brands and that we as consumers are not all aware of it as it is not general information which at best is confusing.

I am not to sure what your point is but: The Retailer told me what the warrantee is secondly if you search on the web the general info is that it is 50% but not specific to SA. I find it very strange that a warrantee is decided by the Distributor and not the manufacturer. There was no warrantee information on the swing tag or box. Point is the warrantee varies internationally and the distributor decides it which I find strange and hence my point their warrantee is basically worth nothing  compared to other brands and that we as consumers are not all aware of it as it is not general information which at best is confusing.

As is the lack of punctuation.

My point?

You are confused by the crash replacement policy. N² Distribution offered you 20%.

If the retailer told you 50% then surely your beef is with them. Not N² Distribution?

The distributor stated the warranty as set out by Kask. It appears to be standard internationally.

They are 2 different things. The former is if you damage your helmet. The latter is if there is a manufacturing defect.

But I guess it's easier to rant at the distributor than in person to the shop.

A quick google search showed wiggle with a 50% replacement straight from the distributor in UK, Australia says they will help but no % stipulated.

PS: It's a warranty, not a warentee.

I have never once seen any of the Kask retailers advertise or even mention that they offer a 50% crash replacement policy.

You cannot blame the brand for your misunderstanding...

True. I crashed my mojita and posted a tweet to kask international to ask about their crash replacement policy; they replied stating it is 20% and that I must take it to my local dealer which I did and had no problems. 

Wheelsuck:

FACT,  AS PER KASK AND OUR EMAIL TO YOU:

Dear ,

sorry for the late reply, unfortunately our company was closed for summer holiday, and I just get back in office today.

I have to confirm you, as indicated from our distributor NSquared, that the crash replacement is a service offered directly from our distributors, that is why you can find different policies in terms of discount between the countries.

I am really happy that you did not get injured by the accident, anyway checking the picture I really recommend you to replace the helmet as your Mojito cannot work no more. Of course you are free to choose the helmet you prefer between Kask and other brands, if the discount offered form NSquared did not reach your expectation, but for sure you should get a helmet for your next ride, as this save your life!

I am sorry to read that you are disappointed by that, and that you had to wait 10 days for a reply.

Best regards

Firstly:  you are confusing WARRANTY (for defective items) and CRASH REPLACEMENT PROGRAM (discount offered on a crashed helmet)

Had you bought a helmet and discovered it was defective - the first would apply,  because you crashed and damaged the helmet,  the latter applies.   As it is,  the helmet did the job it was intended to do and saved you from a serious head injury.

As we have explained and Kask have explained,  they do not offer us any assistance with this,  it is something we offer the end consumers. 

ASSUMPTION:

Because a dealer gave you the incorrect information,  and based on your internet research you assumed you would receive the same 50% discount offered by some online UK store.   The onus is on you to check your facts correctly before starting a post that states we are giving you "unsatisfactory" service.

Posting a bad review on our Facebook page due to your misinformation is not only unfair but borders on slander.

We feel that we have offered sufficient information to you on this matter.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a little fall on the weekend onto my head at 40Km/h. my trusty Kask Mojito took the brunt as I went over the bars and landed on the tar head first. My shoulder and hips were not so lucky.

My helmet is covered by insurance and I only have to pay R500 excess for a new Kask :D Should be getting it on Friday :)

Looking at all this I'm convinced of one thing , I won't buy a Kask . Come on Nsquared , cut the BUll $hit and do the man a killer deal on a new helmet and have him as an ambassador for your brand . Clearly he likes your product .

Looking at all this I'm convinced of one thing , I won't buy a Kask . Come on Nsquared , cut the BUll $hit and do the man a killer deal on a new helmet and have him as an ambassador for your brand . Clearly he likes your product .

Really ? will you just give away money from your business because 1 person misunderstood the conditions of his purchase ?

I had a little fall on the weekend onto my head at 40Km/h. my trusty Kask Mojito took the brunt as I went over the bars and landed on the tar head first. My shoulder and hips were not so lucky.

My helmet is covered by insurance and I only have to pay R500 excess for a new Kask :D Should be getting it on Friday :)

you sir, are a smart man !!

Hope the bike is ok, and you heal up quick.

Really ? will you just give away money from your business because 1 person misunderstood the conditions of his purchase ?

Give away what money ? Charge him shipping to his LBS and do a good deal .

Everyone wins and you have another happy customer . Simple really

Archived