KASK Crash Replacement Policy?

Wheelsuck

That is not the point I am afraid.........the marketing of products by companies for a bigger share of business leaves a lot to be desired. I entirely agree with Wheelsuck that if a companies selling point is X they must deliver X! One buys top helmets to do their job and welldone to the product that delivers however that's not an excuse to not deliver the full offering. In a tight business enviroment as in SA now one feels that shortcuts are taking place to protect profit margins which leaves a bad taste in the consumers mind and which he should bring to potential buyers attention!!! Well done for doing just that.

IF it was their selling point, 100%, but it was not. It was assumption that was made.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its the offering thats wrong .....it did the job but the promise on the after market pledge was not delivered.......people by benefits on what the product offers.....if the 50% off offer was not in the sale then maybe the consumer would have bought another brand???

What promise?

It's not a warranty, it's a crash replacement discount, quite different.

EXACTLY ......so people are saying because the helmet did its job its a green to forget the rest of the reason why the helmet was bought in the first place

That is not the point I am afraid.........the marketing of products by companies for a bigger share of business leaves a lot to be desired. I entirely agree with Wheelsuck that if a companies selling point is X they must deliver X! One buys top helmets to do their job and welldone to the product that delivers however that's not an excuse to not deliver the full offering. In a tight business enviroment as in SA now one feels that shortcuts are taking place to protect profit margins which leaves a bad taste in the consumers mind and which he should bring to potential buyers attention!!! Well done for doing just that.

Seeing that you posted this twice, I will answer it again.

IF it was one of their selling points, 100% agreed, but it was not. It was an assumption that was made.

I have never once seen any of the Kask retailers advertise or even mention that they offer a 50% crash replacement policy.

You cannot blame the brand for your misunderstanding...

I don't think so  

the op assumed he knew what kasks policy was ...then found out it wasn't what he wanted it to be

so now he trashes the helmet that saved his head ..

I have replaced helmets thru kask.. the policy varies thru territories ...that's how it is

its life ..it isn't always  the way you want it to be no need to whine about it

You need to get what you paid for ....small things turn to big things eg can you imagine if Volvo do not honour crash details with their vehicles when their marketing is about safety as with using a Kask helmet!! He is entitled to get what he paid for irrespective!

I have never once seen any of the Kask retailers advertise or even mention that they offer a 50% crash replacement policy.

You cannot blame the brand for your misunderstanding...

I do not think it is a misunderstanding......Companies find every way to get out of paying up.

I don't think so  

the op assumed he knew what kasks policy was ...then found out it wasn't what he wanted it to be

so now he trashes the helmet that saved his head ..

I have replaced helmets thru kask.. the policy varies thru territories ...that's how it is

its life ..it isn't always  the way you want it to be no need to whine about it

You need to get what you paid for ....small things turn to big things eg can you imagine if Volvo do not honour crash details with their vehicles when their marketing is about safety as with using a Kask helmet!! He is entitled to get what he paid for irrespective!

when i bought mine i was told 2 year warranty and 50% crash replacement policy. 

has to have been bought from a authorised dealer.

Thanks for clarifying that Wheelsuck has done his homework and that it is indeed the case that a 50% crash replacement is in place. It is just such a pity that this good product which Wheelsuck is happy with, and did its job when he needed it to has now tarnished its image in not sorting him out with the promised crash replacement policy. Mmmmmmmmn very very bad for business I am afraid.

This whole thread is pretty useless? 

OP clearly assumed something and now this has become 6 pages of Pro-OP and Against-OP.

I personally think that the 20% that the distributor is offering is perfectly reasonable.

He is entitled to get what he paid for irrespective!

Exfokkenactly.

He should get what he paid for and that is what he got.

They neither offered, advertised nor charged him for the remedy he assumed.

It is not their fault he got it wrong.

it has now tarnished its image in not sorting him out with the promised crash replacement policy.

Which part of the fact that Kask does NOT offer a 50% crash replacement guarantee do you not understand?

Which part of the fact that Kask does NOT offer a 50% crash replacement guarantee do you not understand?

I think this dude is trolling TBH

Thanks for clarifying that Wheelsuck has done his homework and that it is indeed the case that a 50% crash replacement is in place. It is just such a pity that this good product which Wheelsuck is happy with, and did its job when he needed it to has now tarnished its image in not sorting him out with the promised crash replacement policy. Mmmmmmmmn very very bad for business I am afraid.

What evidence is there that they offer a discounted crash replacement? Fair enough if it's on their till slip, or their website, or their packaging, or something, but just because someone says that that is what they understood, does not make it so. Many times, for example, you might research a product and happen upon a website from another country, especially if you are looking for reviews. It is quite possible to see something on that site and persuade yourself that this is what you were told. Not saying this is what happened, but without evidence, you are on a hiding to nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived