Classifieds Etiquette

Aurora

I don't ride carbon (should it be ... yet! ), but learnt a thing or three if ever I were to consider moving in that direction. Appreciate the experience shared.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need to be very careful when purchasing here...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/203774-ultegra-di2-11-speed-shifters/

advertised as "new"...thought  I would save myself the hassle of importing levers...slightly more expensive...but a saving on taxes and duties.

when i asked about the scratches on the side of the lever(looked like they had taken a slide down the road)...and the packaging...considering they are advertised as new...i was told he would change the ad and reduce the price.

i would request pics of the actual levers before you pay over your money

Two hours and nineteen minutes later I see the photos has been removed but the add still state that the levers are wunderbar. 

This okes never minded and FU attitude stings a bit.

The hub Admin should actually take a tough stance of hubbers like this.

it is quite clear that there was no intention to even try and be either accurate or honest by this hubber and he should cop a ban! :cursing:

The hub Admin should actually take a tough stance of hubbers like this.

it is quite clear that there was no intention to even try and be either accurate or honest by this hubber and he should cop a ban! :cursing:

What do you suggest?

I'd ask the mods to maybe try to contact this guy and maybe use that 'shepard' service or the one that is linked to The Hub. Kinda Escrow thing. 

ja what happened to that service that was advertised a while back?

Was asking what you suggest the admin do? Interested to hear opinions on it.

I suggested an outright ban in the latter section of my post

I suggested an outright ban in the latter section of my post

You think it will work.... or will said person just create another profile and carry on dodgy trading!!

You think it will work.... or will said person just create another profile and carry on dodgy trading!!

Admin can ban IP addresses, AFAIK

Admin can ban IP addresses, AFAIK

That's all well and good until said users adsl reconnects with a different IP and some other poor sod gets allocated the original IP and is suddenly banned for no apparent reason.

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

Hi

Yes, I advertised it as new BEC I THOUGHT IT TO BE NEW. I bought it from a fellow hubber a few months back and never opened it. As soon as i opened it i told I am sorry as its not new. I even apologized a few times when we met.

There was no deal done. No payment nothing. I might have wasted some of your time

So i dont understand your rant

advertised as "new"...thought  I would save myself the hassle of importing levers...slightly more expensive...but a saving on taxes and duties.

when i asked about the scratches on the side of the lever(looked like they had taken a slide down the road)...and the packaging...considering they are advertised as new...i was told he would change the ad and reduce the price.

It is an open ended question, but we should not tollerate something this blatant in our community.

It is an open ended question, but we should not tollerate something this blatant in our community.

Agreed and that is why people must rate the seller... if they have negative ratings then people will not buy from them.  So in a way the community can self police

Hi

Yes, I advertised it as new BEC I THOUGHT IT TO BE NEW. I bought it from a fellow hubber a few months back and never opened it. As soon as i opened it i told I am sorry as its not new. I even apologized a few times when we met.

There was no deal done. No payment nothing. I might have wasted some of your time

So i dont understand your rant

So we have 2 sides to the story. What now?

This could turn out to be a very good Monday with this thread and the stealthy rider thread................

Archived