SPCA - please help...?!

CASSIE1975

I don't think we will get back in time for the charity start, last year caught up just before halfway.

This year you are fitter  :thumbup:  and I think we will start around 8h45 to 9h00-ish...so we might see you on the M1 somewhere  :clap:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year you are fitter  :thumbup:  and I think we will start around 8h45 to 9h00-ish...so we might see you on the M1 somewhere  :clap:

Same fitness as last year - just not sure if I want to start/ride in VC or ride with my training partners in the open groups like last year.

Last man in needs some time to recover, eat, restock before we go again.

Either way, it will be fun.

Do you guys know if they make DH style shirts with the cat too? i would love to ride with one. Sms done

As far as I know, they have shirts for Ladies and Men (with full zipp), but please contact Michelle after the 5th of September and she could help you out and advise:

Michelle Falgate

Marketing & Fundraising

NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SPCAs (NSPCA)

Tel: +27 11 907 3590/1/2/3

Cell: 082 824 0605

Fax: +27 11 907 4013

P O Box 1320, Alberton, South Africa, 1450

www.nspca.co.za

Same fitness as last year - just not sure if I want to start/ride in VC or ride with my training partners in the open groups like last year.

Last man in needs some time to recover, eat, restock before we go again.

Either way, it will be fun.

Agreed it will be great fun  :clap:  looking forward to it and just enjoying the day out on the road.

Please join the SPCA fundraising "Ride for Animals" @ this year's 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

Or please forward the details to someone who might be interested...

Or even someone / companies who don't ride, but would like to make a donation???

Please send me the details and I / or Michelle can contact them to arrange accordingly.

:thumbup:  you can still start in your own seeding group, you do not HAVE to start with the Charity group time...it is for a VERY GOOD CAUSE  :clap:  see you there...

Hi Cassie1975

I have been thinking of join the SPCA charity for the ride.

Mind me asking if there is a minimum amount in order to join the charity?

And i'll be riding the Amashova, should i join now will i be able to use the shirt for that race as well?

Hi Cassie1975

I have been thinking of join the SPCA charity for the ride.

Mind me asking if there is a minimum amount in order to join the charity?

And i'll be riding the Amashova, should i join now will i be able to use the shirt for that race as well?

Hi TBT,

What they ask of the Activists / Fundraisers are to "raise" R2000 or more.

You do not pay this R2000 yourself, but if you want to you can.

ALL PERSONS / COMPANIES DONATING ANY AMOUNT WILL RECEIVE an "A18" CERTIFICATE WHICH CAN BE USED FOR SARS PURPOSES  :thumbup: 

This does not include any entry fees to the race (this you need to pay yourself as normal).

You will then receive your shirt FOR FREE if you have raised the R2000 minimum, otherwise if that is not possible, or you just want the shirt, you can order it from them at R600 or R650 (I am not 100% sure of the price yet).

As for the Amashova, I think 16 October might be a bit early for them to have the shirts ready and received from the suplier, but I think the best would be to speak to Reneé or Michelle on the details given in this thread? they would be most able to give you the correct information regarding the shirt delivery, etc.

Hi TBT,

What they ask of the Activists / Fundraisers are to "raise" R2000 or more.

You do not pay this R2000 yourself, but if you want to you can.

ALL PERSONS / COMPANIES DONATING ANY AMOUNT WILL RECEIVE an "A18" CERTIFICATE WHICH CAN BE USED FOR SARS PURPOSES  :thumbup: 

This does not include any entry fees to the race (this you need to pay yourself as normal).

You will then receive your shirt FOR FREE if you have raised the R2000 minimum, otherwise if that is not possible, or you just want the shirt, you can order it from them at R600 or R650 (I am not 100% sure of the price yet).

As for the Amashova, I think 16 October might be a bit early for them to have the shirts ready and received from the suplier, but I think the best would be to speak to Reneé or Michelle on the details given in this thread? they would be most able to give you the correct information regarding the shirt delivery, etc.

Thanks for the above. last question, whats the cut off date?