SPCA - please help...?!

CASSIE1975

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done

Can I buy those shirts or is it exclusive for the race?

I've just been through the motions now... You have to be part of the team and raise R2000 for the SPCA and you will get a shirt/goodie bag etc.

Done

Thank you Hermes...please see below details and then contact Michelle when she is back by +/- 5 or 6 September  :thumbup:  maybe she can help you with an extra shirt in mid to end-October, but I think they will be R600-R650 each...keep well and be safe on the roads.

Please mail the following if you have any questions, they will help you with pleasure, thank you.

NSPCA Marketing <marketing1@nspca.co.za>

Renée Scholtz

or

NSPCA Marketing <marketing@nspca.co.za>

Michelle Falgate (I think Michelle will be back on 5th September 2015)

Or contact them on the following details.

NSPCA (National Council of SPCAs)

Tel:  +27 11 907-3590

Fax: +27 11 907-4013

Web: www.nspca.co.za

PO Box 1320, Alberton, 1450

Where can I buy a shirt like that?

Done x 2

Remember seeing those shirts last year.

Very cool, and thanks for helping our furry little friends!

Please see above details for Michelle if you'd like a shirt...she should be back 2nd week September...maybe she can sort you out  :thumbup:

I've just registered, we lost our moggy in April and sadly he never returned. We've always adopted from shelters etc. but these guys were awesome and very caring, even with follow ups to check if he'd come home.

I always try for a fundraiser ride on 94.7, and I was worried as I'd thought I was running out of time to find a worthy cause this year. SPCA it is...

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I've just registered, we lost our moggy in April and sadly he never returned. We've always adopted from shelters etc. but these guys were awesome and very caring, even with follow ups to check if he'd come home.

I always try for a fundraiser ride on 94.7, and I was worried as I'd thought I was running out of time to find a worthy cause this year. SPCA it is...

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Very sad to hear about your Moggy and the stories behind every heartache relating to our beloved pets  :eek:  hope you have found another loving 4 legged friend to take some of the sadness out of your hearts...

Welcome to the SPCA team  :clap:  and the journey for the next 3 months towards the 94.7 race day...helping others who can not help themselves  :thumbup:  TOP work Jigghead!!!

Very sad to hear about your Moggy and the stories behind every heartache relating to our beloved pets  :eek:  hope you have found another loving 4 legged friend to take some of the sadness out of your hearts...

Welcome to the SPCA team  :clap:  and the journey for the next 3 months towards the 94.7 race day...helping others who can not help themselves  :thumbup:  TOP work Jigghead!!!

He just did't come home one day, me and the kids wondered the neighbourhood for days with posters etc. 

We've decided not to look for a new one yet, we still have one kitty and a 20yr old maltese who crapped himself when we bought the kitties home. He was an only fluffy child for many years.

We figured we'd let him chill for a bit without any new upheaval. Every time we think he's checking out and rush him to the vet he's given a clean bill of health. Sleeps all day until my wife arrives home and then he's a puppy again. I'm afraid the excitement of a new kitty may put him over the edge. So he'll while away his days getting uncomfortable when the cat tries to share his bed, two cats trying may be a bit beyond his patience levels.

Done

I've just been through the motions now... You have to be part of the team and raise R2000 for the SPCA and you will get a shirt/goodie bag etc.

Last year one could buy the shirt, which was R500. Not sure for this year. If the OP doesn't confirm, I can do so too as the SPCA is a long term beneficiary of our charity donations (not only the 947). In fact, we're donating food stuff and blankets on Saturday after our club ride.

My club is supporting this NSPCA charity again this year, but many won't be starting in the actual charity group. We do have a small group riding a second lap to try catch the NSPCA group (like some of us did last year).

If anyone wants to tag along on our 2nd lap, you know who to speak to.

The charity start group

http://germistonwheelers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/IMG-20151115-WA00041.jpg

The double lappers

http://germistonwheelers.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/IMG-20151115-WA00111.jpg

Done

I think they are now actually taking orders as the demand has been high.  Contact them and order.  I notified them of this thread so it is all good (good cause, that is)

Come now everybody support.

He just did't come home one day, me and the kids wondered the neighbourhood for days with posters etc. 

We've decided not to look for a new one yet, we still have one kitty and a 20yr old maltese who crapped himself when we bought the kitties home. He was an only fluffy child for many years.

We figured we'd let him chill for a bit without any new upheaval. Every time we think he's checking out and rush him to the vet he's given a clean bill of health. Sleeps all day until my wife arrives home and then he's a puppy again. I'm afraid the excitement of a new kitty may put him over the edge. So he'll while away his days getting uncomfortable when the cat tries to share his bed, two cats trying may be a bit beyond his patience levels.

Thanx Jigg  :clap:  I had a few good chuckles reading your post...I can just imagine the Maltese when bringing home the cats...LOL.

I think they are now actually taking orders as the demand has been high.  Contact them and order.  I notified them of this thread so it is all good (good cause, that is)

Come now everybody support.

Thank you Sepia  :thumbup:  well done...

Last year one could buy the shirt, which was R500. Not sure for this year. If the OP doesn't confirm, I can do so too as the SPCA is a long term beneficiary of our charity donations (not only the 947). In fact, we're donating food stuff and blankets on Saturday after our club ride.

My club is supporting this NSPCA charity again this year, but many won't be starting in the actual charity group. We do have a small group riding a second lap to try catch the NSPCA group (like some of us did last year).

If anyone wants to tag along on our 2nd lap, you know who to speak to.

Thank you Gerald  :thumbup:  then I will see the double lappers starting with us in the charity group...lack of training and family is holding me back a bit this year, so a gentle ride around Joburg for me come 20 November :clap:  

Thank you Gerald :thumbup: then I will see the double lappers starting with us in the charity group...lack of training and family is holding me back a bit this year, so a gentle ride around Joburg for me come 20 November :clap:

I don't think we will get back in time for the charity start, last year caught up just before halfway.