no issues at all, it's been highly constructive.

I didn't know about the http://www.smoothknobblies.com/ before, and it is not ideal for a load of 'mates' to be on a committee. BUT with the right direction they could be a really effective management team (and have fun doing it).

I'm not sure if i've mentioned it here, but the opening of the constantia greenbelt has been a huge bonus from PPA.

and if we can pull off the next project together, there'll be more.

Best of luck with all future endeavours PPA.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the disclaimer that everything that is said on The Hub is taken with a BAG of salt :whistling:  :whistling:

Does that include the few good things that is said about the PPA?  :ph34r:

I'd actually say we expressed ourselves well with dignity and honesty. After all as the hub we noted a few issues and got some action.

Now we need to hold management to the promises they made to change their attitude towards road events. Talk is cheap.

I'd actually say we expressed ourselves well with dignity and honesty. After all as the hub we noted a few issues and got some action.

Now we need to hold management to the promises they made to change their attitude towards road events. Talk is cheap.

Agreed!

Even I voted for the roadies (after some lobbying here on the Hub!) :ph34r:

The Hub comment about the BAG of salt was made by one of the Exco members - As I comply with the Rouxtjie rule, I felt offended and immediately left after the snide remark about the Hub!! :w00t:

I was in the area after Killarney so went to the meeting on 1st arrival they were counting the votes in the entrance passage so did not want to disturb the counters and need to see Vodacom about my ph. On my 2nd arrival probably the last 10 min of meeting I just heard the question raised about Killarney and the clash of dates. I heard the chairman’s reply. I wonder if PPA will be willing show a member the date when the venue was book / deposit paid / confirmed or the minutes from the EXCO meeting when the date for the AGM was decided? Only to back up what the chairman said. As said already on this page (Carbon29er) talk is cheap.

The rest of the meeting of what I heard was only spent talking about MTB trail and link between different areas (CBD / Southern  suburbs) and whom the CEO was meeting with in the weeks to come. I trust the CEO is spending as much time with local Gov / the Civil engineers to ensure the design of the bike paths been built in Constantia area are been done correctly, as from what I can see and reported already to the CEO they are not. As stated I only heard the tail end of the meeting and possible this was already discussed.

Not sure if there was a big walk out after voting - but the attendance looked small compared to last year. I sure the official numbers will be made available to the members if asked for.

I was in the area after Killarney so went to the meeting on 1st arrival they were counting the votes in the entrance passage so did not want to disturb the counters and need to see Vodacom about my ph. On my 2nd arrival probably the last 10 min of meeting I just heard the question raised about Killarney and the clash of dates. I heard the chairman’s reply. I wonder if PPA will be willing show a member the date when the venue was book / deposit paid / confirmed or the minutes from the EXCO meeting when the date for the AGM was decided? Only to back up what the chairman said. As said already on this page (Carbon29er) talk is cheap.

The rest of the meeting of what I heard was only spent talking about MTB trail and link between different areas (CBD / Southern  suburbs) and whom the CEO was meeting with in the weeks to come. I trust the CEO is spending as much time with local Gov / the Civil engineers to ensure the design of the bike paths been built in Constantia area are been done correctly, as from what I can see and reported already to the CEO they are not. As stated I only heard the tail end of the meeting and possible this was already discussed.

Not sure if there was a big walk out after voting - but the attendance looked small compared to last year. I sure the official numbers will be made available to the members if asked for.

The explanation given about the timing of the AGM made sense to me and I'm certain the majority of people that were there(that it was booked well in advance of Killarney moving to Thursday), in any case it made no difference to the voting outcome as the "pro roadie" candidates were elected - so to continue down that tangent would be flogging a dead horse

Re - the mtb trail - the CEO was merely answering a question from the audience at the end of the meeting, so yes you only heard the tail end.

I would say in general road cycling received far more attention during the AGM than mtb'ing and I certainly didn't pick up any "animosity" from the commitee towards road cycling.

The explanation given about the timing of the AGM made sense to me and I'm certain the majority of people that were there(that it was booked well in advance of Killarney moving to Thursday), in any case it made no difference to the voting outcome as the "pro roadie" candidates were elected - so to continue down that tangent would be flogging a dead horse

Re - the mtb trail - the CEO was merely answering a question from the audience at the end of the meeting, so yes you only heard the tail end.

I would say in general road cycling received far more attention during the AGM than mtb'ing and I certainly didn't pick up any "animosity" from the commitee towards road cycling.

I and not arguing the response been sensible (I expect the chairman expected this question and had considered a plausible response). On my years on the committee the date was decided normally about about 6 weeks before the AGM and was at the same venue. Things may well have changed and records would be available to validate the chairman's response.

I am not commenting on the outcome of the votes - only 2 candidates to be elected would not make the committee. The outcome was always geared to be "pro roadie" candidates.

And luckily for us as roadies the members voted wisely and the 2 least suitable candidates were not elected. If we are diligent during the year next year we can have another 3 or 4 really suitable nominations that will fulfil their mandate rather than doing (insert EFF video from parliament here).

The outcome was always geared to be "pro roadie" candidates.

Exactly, which means there is no point in pursuing the "anti roadie date conspiracy" thing.

Exactly, which means there is no point in pursuing the "anti roadie date conspiracy" thing.

And if you can't miss one roadie date on a circuit to potentially gain 10 or more roadie dates on proper roads then you really don't care about road dates on open roads and are moaning for moaning's sake.

My experience is more about the empty promises made by this Chairman over the last few year - like Crabon29er said talk is cheap. Its is more if the truth was told or a plausible reason given. On the matter of truth's - this the subject matter (clash with roadie riding Killarney) is not really relevant.

My experience is more about the empty promises made by this Chairman over the last few year - like Crabon29er said talk is cheap. Its is more if the truth was told or a plausible reason given. On the matter of truth's - this the subject matter (clash with roadie riding Killarney) is not really relevant.

Friday comment here, but .....

Is Killarney riding not really roadie riding, but more "track" riding :P ... see what I did there ;)

Friday comment here, but .....

Is Killarney riding not really roadie riding, but more "track" riding :P ... see what I did there ;)

I am doubling your did:

14441168_10154336135130310_2506288789754

Phone the CEO. If there was 1 thing that was abundantly clear, then it was that they invited direct contact to sort problems out. If you have a personal issue with a specific individual, then sort it out with him. The Hub cannot give you any joy.

Archived