Standard Shipping from CRC

Grease_Monkey

Hi guys,

I stupidly selected to have my order delivered with standard shipping before doing my homework about how it actually get here with that as opposed to DHL. Anyway, I have read some pretty bad things about the standard shipping, and my question is:

1. How long can I expect to wait for my tracking number to work (sent with TrakPak, and once I enter tracking number CRC supplied me with on the TrakPak tracking website they say they have no record of it)?

2. How do I get my local tracking number once it arrives in SA?

3. How long can I realistically expect to wait before the package will arrive at my closest Post Office?

4. Do I pay VAT and associated duties at the Post Office?

For context, the package has handlebars and stem in it, so should not weigh much or be too big.

Cheers!

1. Expect to wait a long time, there a BIG holdup at Joburg International Mal Centre.  I have stuff that has been sitting there for 2 weeks not moving as they have a mountain of parcels to get through.

2 you can input your international tracking and it will tell you where it is  http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ else you can phone (expect to be on hold a long time) and they will give the local tracking number.  It will only come on the system once in the country which normally take a week to 10 days from the UK

3. how long is a piece of string!!

4. Yes you pay when you collect.

Edit: if you want to follow your parcel internationally use this http://www.17track.net/en

Edited by shaper

Join the club

I'm waiting for CRC too. Current package was ordered 5 days ago and hasn't even left them yet.

Last time I ordered from them, about 4 months back it was over 3 weeks from order date to getting to my local post office.

This time is clearly gonna be longer.

Join the club

I'm waiting for CRC too. Current package was ordered 5 days ago and hasn't even left them yet.

Last time I ordered from them, about 4 months back it was over 3 weeks from order date to getting to my local post office.

This time is clearly gonna be longer.

That sounds more like an out of stock issue than anything else. Royal Mail are generally quite jacked at picking things up on that side.

What was it that you ordered?

The mountain of parcels to get though at the JIMC is because everyone is taking advantage of the exchange rate and shopping overseas!!.... I have spoken to people working there in trying to get my parcel moved on to my PO......and they are overwhelmed!!!

I waited for a parcel from the UK, it took 40 days before i got it and thats after numerous visits to postoffice and to customs at epping as well. But it was electronics not cycling related.

At the same time i ordered a CRC order, via DHL, ordered the thursday afternoon, had it in my hands on the tuesday morning. 

If you can, avoid SAPO at all costs.

It is very unpredictable.

I ordered something Tuesday last week (16/08) and received it this morning via JIMC and the post office. 8 days is not bad.

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't.

Sometimes the invoice on the outside of the package gets displaced.

When the package arrives at Customs it doesn't move from there as they need an invoice to calculate your dues.

Once you have a sa tracking number and it isn't moving along in the process, try and get an invoice to them.

I've had this problem before and it took over a month to arrive in Durban.

T

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that Trampak switches to Jersey post. Waiting for a parcel as well and Jersey says arrived at inward depot. EMS site is down and no ways am I gonna call them, been there done that. Any other ways to get my SA tparcel tracking number by using the Jersey post or Trackpak number? www.parceltrack does not list Jersey or Trakpack.

Just e-mail jimccustomerservices@postoffice.co.za and ask for the local tracking number using the tracking number starting with "EE". They respond within a ay or so. I have to say Post Office was actually very good in my experience. Parcels took roughly 8 working days to get to the JIMC, and from there was at my local post office within 2 working days.

Just drop by ure post office about 2 days after ure parcel has arrived in SA and ask to see the international journal and look for ure name.

Import tax and duties work out allot cheaper than with DHL, so if you can afford to wait 2 weeks for a parcel standard shpping is actually quite a good option.

Seems that Trampak switches to Jersey post. Waiting for a parcel as well and Jersey says arrived at inward depot. EMS site is down and no ways am I gonna call them, been there done that. Any other ways to get my SA tparcel tracking number by using the Jersey post or Trackpak number? www.parceltrack does not list Jersey or Trakpack.

See my above post. ^^

Your parcel should be at local post office tomorrow if not there already! Mine arrived at inward depot on Friday and was at post office this morning.

I've waited 2 months for products but it does not bother me as I do it so often now........

Being rushed has kicked my ass many times in life so just chill and wait .....

** Life lesson over  :D  :P

See my above post. ^^

Your parcel should be at local post office tomorrow if not there already! Mine arrived at inward depot on Friday and was at post office this morning.

Hundreds. I used CRC such along time ago when they were still using Royal Mail.