Maintenance tools - recommendations

Funky

Look at UNIOR Bike Tools

They make Industrial level hand tools in Europe and are becoming the Tool Partner for a few Pro Teams.

The South African Distributor will give you a good discount if you're willing to wait for Bike Tools to arrive with the Industrial Imports

2 weeks probably 4 weeks now with year end

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest - why do so many of you recommend a cassette tool as a priority? I'm a noob but 4000km in I've never gone anywhere near the cassette?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Best way to clean a cassette is to remove it and soak/scrub in degreaser.

The removal is required due to the grease in freebody/hub that you want to keep where it is.

My road cassette has got something like 3000km on it and looks like new cause its been cleaned regularly, I don't have chain squeek, creak or grinding sounds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Like it was mentioned in earlier posts, the Park tool hanger alignment tool is well worth it, especially for mtb. Normally my go to tool for any chain slip/ noise related issues. Actually started checking this monthly which has prevented any issues before they got to big, bike goes quiet and you don’t even know you had a problem!

Also agree on the kits, originally bought a kit, half I haven’t used and the rest I have replaced gradually with decent kit