Wilro Lions Cycle Challenge

Wernburn

Hi Guys,

This will be my first 100km + race and would appreciate any information/tips on the route. I.e. how does this one compare to others over the same distance etc

Thanks

Werner

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save yourself for the last 23km's it is normally tough with the wind.

Nutrition is key...don't go to hard to early, if I recall correctly one goes up Hekpoort from the easier side, then on to Magaliesburg, small bump passing the town, then onto the Koster road before you turn left towards Krugersdorp/Randfontein, this section is quick! Then the nasty last 23km's on the N14 home

make sure your water bottles are tied down for the first 2 km - rumble strips just after the start will get you circling back to pick them up.

Some early climbing, hang on to the group. 

be careful on the hekpoort decent, its gets really fast on a crappy road.

climb again up to and thru Magaliesburg, then its fast and flat thru the mielie fields.

can be windy.

Just found out now I will be in Jhb this weekend. Any chance for late entries or substitutions for those that are coming down with flu?

Just found out now I will be in Jhb this weekend. Any chance for late entries or substitutions for those that are coming down with flu?

email cycleevents and ask about late entries

email cycleevents and ask about late entries

Thanks a lot. I called the organizers and they accept late entries on Fri(cycle Lab) and Sat (Sportsman's Warehouse).

Its fairly flat but can get a bit windy. Whats the furthest you have ridden?

I did the Rand Water on Sunday (54km) in 2:02 and did a 90km about a year ago. Been riding the 30km cradle loop every now and again.

Archived