Low Stack Zero rise stem

Rudi Pollard

I am looking for a low stack height zero rise XC stem in 90mm. I have searched the net and ritchey does make 2 zero rise trail stems but the stack heights are more than what I require(42mm and 45mm). The Thomson Elite X4 is 40mm, as is the Bontrager ones.

Does anyone know of something lower than that. All the stems I could find at under 40mm is to short, or they have a slight rise in them. Raceface has one for example in 38mm but it has a 6 degree rise which is not ideal.

Currently I can make the Thomson work for what I want to do, but a lower stack height will still be better. 

can you not invert the stems with the slight rise?

Long story, but not with what I have in mind. I am making a few changes but trying to keep my bar height the same. The only way that is possible is with a zero rise or something like a 2 deg rise...

Long story, but not with what I have in mind. I am making a few changes but trying to keep my bar height the same. The only way that is possible is with a zero rise or something like a 2 deg rise...

if you go with an inverted stem, you can space it up to keep the bar height the same. Does depend on how much steerer length you've got to play with.

if you go with an inverted stem, you can space it up to keep the bar height the same. Does depend on how much steerer length you've got to play with.

That's the whole problem...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue last week with a new build . Needed as minimal as possible stack height. Luckily length was to much of an issue.

Funn do a 30mm stack height but the lenght I bought was only 60mm. Don't know how long they go . But am sure bibi on here brings in the funn stuff.

I got mine from a mate and pure fluke the stack height was as low as it was.

I had a similar issue last week with a new build . Needed as minimal as possible stack height. Luckily length was to much of an issue.

Funn do a 30mm stack height but the lenght I bought was only 60mm. Don't know how long they go . But am sure bibi on here brings in the funn stuff.

I got mine from a mate and pure fluke the stack height was as low as it was.

Bibi no longer brings in the FUNN stuff. Performance Bikes do: http://www.performancebikes.co.za/c8/FUNN-MTB.aspx