Ergon MTB Grips - Any Good ?

thesahunter

Do any of you guys use the Ergon Grips ?

I'm looking at the GP MTB Comfort Series. 

I mostly ride on tracks and try to stay away from loooong tar roads as much as possible !  Will they work well, on a track or are they mostly for road ?

Thanx in advance

post-75651-0-82378100-1474357814_thumb.jpg

They are super comfy but make sure you get the angle right, otherwise they hurt like hell. I used to ride the GS-1s after I sprained my wrists in a crash. Best place to start is to set the flat bit level and work from there.

I use the one without the cow horn attached. Very comfy. They lock on so they don't move around which is an absolute must for these grips. I got them after a broken wrist episode and they made a huge difference because you can pretty much set the hand/wrist angle to what's comfortable for you.

I use the GX-1 for marathon racing because I like to grab the handlebar from the outside while climbing (especially when standing up) and it gives you plenty options to rest your hands/wrists in different positions on the long, boring district roads legs... :-)

Said that I believe there are better grips out there for going downhill. If you need aggressive grip and morph into your handlebar better use the GA2 and not the ergonomic shaped ones. 

Have been using the models without the  bar-end-horn on my trail and gravel-travel bikes. 

No problems. 

Thanx guys ! 

I think I'll give them a go.  I see there is a lot of place left to "grab on to " for those downhill / winding sections, which was my main concern.

I've got the versions without the bar end "extensions" on my 29'r and 650B trail-ish bikes,the version with "extensions" on my FatBike and "generic" versions on the missus bike. They are very comfortable for us, and I came from silicone grips. Hope that helps you

I'be been riding them exclusively for about 7 years. I've used all 3 varieties. The short horn ones is what I'll get again next time. Currently using the one without the horns and it is comfortable, but on those very long rides, it is nice to have an extra hand position.

Do any of you guys use the Ergon Grips ?

I'm looking at the GP MTB Comfort Series. 

I mostly ride on tracks and try to stay away from loooong tar roads as much as possible !  Will they work well, on a track or are they mostly for road ?

Thanx in advance

There is no wrong answer, only personal preference.

Archived