94.7 start times

SP777

Do they invite a person for the double or one should have indicated somewhere when entering?

No, it's on offer to charity riders - when you opt to ride for a charity you can ask for a double lap, but you must submit previous race times for consideration

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's on offer to charity riders - when you opt to ride for a charity you can ask for a double lap, but you must submit previous race times for consideration

Eish, I thought it's like the CTCT where you get an email informing you that you qualify for a double lap.

Next year!

There is no permission required to do a double lap.

As long as you start before the last group leaves the start, you will be okay. And you have to remove your timing chip.

Otherwise join the race for a second lap from the corner of Main and R55 and cut out the first 14km.

Charity groups start from 8:17 to 8:49 (5 batches), so assuming one does 2:30 first lap, you'd be pushed to make it to the charity start in time.

5:45 start + 2:30 = 8:15.

Then you still need to push your way through the batches to get to the start, and that doesn't take 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff. Thanks Gerald. I have a mate who will be starting somewhere at the back for his first race. I just wanna enjoy the ride with him.

If anybody wants to join back in L group, I'd like to try get something going there.

What time will you be going for from L?

What time will you be going for from L?

I would like to know that too.

This is my first 94.7 and I would like to do a sub 3. On that note, does anyone have a route profile? So many threads and pages, I'm sure I missed it somewhere. :ph34r:

This is my first 94.7 and I would like to do a sub 3. On that note, does anyone have a route profile? So many threads and pages, I'm sure I missed it somewhere. :ph34r:

Route profile is on their website.

Sub-3 from L is going to be a big ask. Only one person managed it last year, and only just, at 2:59:41.

The statisticians will be along shortly but for a sub 3 you will need to start sooner then L, you need to be in F or earlier I would say.  Just remember this is your first 94.7 and at altitude, there around 1300m of climbing

The statisticians will be along shortly but for a sub 3 you will need to start sooner then L, you need to be in F or earlier I would say. Just remember this is your first 94.7 and at altitude, there around 1300m of climbing

1488m of ascent, according to the website. Not the flattest of races!

The statisticians will be along shortly but for a sub 3 you will need to start sooner then L, you need to be in F or earlier I would say. Just remember this is your first 94.7 and at altitude, there around 1300m of climbing

Hahahaha @statisticians

I am starting in E...according to the race pack and the sneak preview we had. I was just asking because of the guy that wants to do "something" in L.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Route profile is on their website.

Sub-3 from L is going to be a big ask. Only one person managed it last year, and only just, at 2:59:41.

Thank you. I just had a look. It's gonna be a fun(read painful) day out!

Hopefully I'll have more luck in E. I'm not much of a climber though.

Thank you. I just had a look. It's gonna be a fun(read painful) day out!

Hopefully I'll have more luck in E. I'm not much of a climber though.

The worst of it is the last 20-30km. Burn too many matches before that and they'll pop you out of the group hard.

The worst of it is the last 20-30km. Burn too many matches before that and they'll pop you out of the group hard.

True, it is harder.

BUT if you dont burn matches in the beginning to stay with the group, you end up riding more of the distance without them.

Starting from F, where only 31 did sub-3 in 2015. Going to try and ride much smarter than before. 3rd time around and I will do everything to conserve those matches for the last 20km where a group can't help you much, it is you against those climbs.

True, it is harder.

BUT if you dont burn matches in the beginning to stay with the group, you end up riding more of the distance without them.

Nothing worse than not using all of your matches. When to burn them is the art.

Archived