94.7 start times

SP777

Thats fair enough and completely understand that - times mean nothing unless they are looked at relative to the rest of the field.

So I went to that link and....not sure what that all means but I guess to your point maybe everyone else in A, B and C is faster than mean. What makes less sense is that I have more results that I did in 2015 and in that year I started in B which can only mean that everyone has relatively improved their seedings by more than me this year?

Name: Current Index: Group Minimum: Group Limit: Eligibility: Ranking: Gender Ranking: Age Category: Age Ranking: Travis 11.54 10.00 15.00 B 1115/99664 1084/77486 SubVet (30-39) 345/19588

I just had a look at some club members that are seeded in A, to get their PPA seeding value.

Surprise, surprise!

Their PPA seeding is higher than yours.

Doesn't make sense that you are in D and they are in A.

Maybe there's an error on your side, or... like the BETA, the seeding is "Ms. Terry".

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeded in C group with a seeding index of I think 8....

Very weird since I have a racing license and race elites.

Perhaps I'm the worst Elite rider there has been

Condensing the Speadsheet that Gerald posted earlier, these are the winning times for the groups at the CC2015:

AL: 2h28

BL: 2h33

CL: 2h34

DL: 2h35

EL: 2h42

FL: 2h46

GL: 2h49

HL: 2h47

IL: 2h51

JL: 3h02

My point is, seems these guys have their batching sorted, the times progress consistently as the Alphabet moves along.

Only HL is an anomoly, which has many explanations.

If you are in D instead of B, makes little difference, the groups seem very close in abilities. Though if you are in J but should be in B, then I'll spend the R150 to be in a group that could save you around 29 minutes...

Gone from G in last years initial seeding run, which was subsequently reseeded to D, to now in A this year so am very happy. It seems training and consistency throughout the year pays off....... but missed out on VE although licensed.

I'm thinking it's then probably not worth it for me to renew my racing licence for next year, especially as I would at best then move to VF as time marches on, so better off staying A I guess (assuming I can still keep up with the whippersnappers) with larger numbers of riders doing better times than in the older vets groups. For example last year only 18 riders in VE went sub 2:35 compared to 45 in A.

So I received the "BOLTSPEED Number Collection" email... it would be great if the website was boltspeed... Website is not even loading.

I just had a look at some club members that are seeded in A, to get their PPA seeding value.

Surprise, surprise!

Maybe there's an error on your side, or... like the BETA, the seeding is "Ms. Terry".

Hahah. So now I have to pay to get seeded correctly because their seeding doesnt work.

They are commercial geniuses!

Condensing the Speadsheet that Gerald posted earlier, these are the winning times for the groups at the CC2015:

AL: 2h28

BL: 2h33

CL: 2h34

DL: 2h35

EL: 2h42

FL: 2h46

GL: 2h49

HL: 2h47

IL: 2h51

JL: 3h02

My point is, seems these guys have their batching sorted, the times progress consistently as the Alphabet moves along.

Only HL is an anomoly, which has many explanations.

If you are in D instead of B, makes little difference, the groups seem very close in abilities. Though if you are in J but should be in B, then I'll spend the R150 to be in a group that could save you around 29 minutes...

Interesting.

Average batch finishing times would probably give a better indication if thats available. 

Interesting.

Average batch finishing times would probably give a better indication if thats available. 

Yep, would be lekker to get the full list of results in speadsheet format to do some statistical gymnatics with normal distributions, Average and Mean values. That would give a complete picture of the field. But alas, I do not have the data or the time to do that, so this snapshot would have to suffice for now.

:whistling:  I'm on the other side of the scale and know my seeding could not be higher than last year, as I only did 94.7 (2015) and Fast One in January 2016...but I can always fall back a group or 2  :clap:  at least I don't have to pay the R150 reseed fee...that is until next year  :eek: then i might be back in the unhappy group... :devil:  :ph34r:  

Alphabet soup mania .... Gotta love it

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Surprise, surprise!

So I received the "BOLTSPEED Number Collection" email... it would be great if the website was boltspeed... Website is not even loading.

Await feedback on their Facebook page regarding this

Same with me Sun city 2016 penalty of 15 and see no penalty for 2015 Momentum 94.7 time. Unfair but guess its fine.

I batch had 164 riders do sub 3:30, with only 8 going sub 3. So becomes very important to get into the front at the start and go with the stronger guys if you have the capabilities.

I missed last year due to a broken collarbone, but heard the conditions were crap. So maybe the weather plays along this year and everyone goes a few minutes faster.

Here is an update on the split time calculator that I posted last year - although it now includes times from 3:15 to 5:00 (in 15 minute splits).

• I guestimated the race track time, as I have zero "race pace" data for the track. I also don't know the exact in/out plan they have in place, but know how a cycle race works, there appears to be one or two options (using Google Earth as a guide);
  • The bit from Joe Slove offramp to Carr street is based on my time in 2010 - when we climbed off at St. Andrews Road offramp (turned left up to Carse O' Gowry).

I am willing to put my neck out and predict similar times for 2016 as 2015 - assuming the weather conditions are in check.

SplitTimeCalc_947_2016.zip

Archived