Single Speed conversion

Speeltyd

I have an On-One 45650B with an SRAM X9 setup at the back - single 32T chainring up front. How can I convert this to a SS? What parts would I need?

Cog 

And possibly a tensioner 

you can use your current chain / or get a little more beefy SS chain but not required.

Is the spacers used on the free body the same size as used on a headset?

no , and they have notches slide onto the gaps in the freewheel

Is the spacers used on the free body the same size as used on a headset?

If you wanna ghetto it. You can get these spacers from an old cassette or two, Just go to a lbs, ask them if they have any old ones to give away, break them open. Stack the plastic spacers which separate the sprockets on your freebody. Play with the position your sprocket between them to get a lekker chain line and presto. Oh and don't forget the lockring.

I ran my 2 single speed bikes like this for the longest time without any problems. Worked fine. Its worth mentioning though that I had a proper SS sprocket, NW ring and bmx chain on both of them. 

http://revelo.at/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/singlespeed-at-10.jpg

Single speed kits are pretty cheep though. Might as well do the right thing.

Best ss conversion I did was with a isg mounted guide to tension the chain.

Would definately do the same again on the next build.

Picture please?

Go check out www.rapide.co.za speak to Wayne the owner. He can give you expert advice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Items already loaded in Rapide basket...

Only need one thing....

Convince myself I will ride the SS after the new is gone / convince myself I will have time to ride it between my other 3 geared bikes...

Lol

Does it run noisy Jerome?

smooth and silent

with a spring loaded tensioner you get some noise and the occasional bit of chain slap, not with this setup.

I have sold the bike, else I would have happily done a little clip to demonstrate how silent and smoothly the system works by back spinning the cranks.

This is the closest I have gotten to the smooth setup one gets with a proper ss frame ex any tensioners.