Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

I recently changed some of my insurance to Momentum and although the benfits of the policies are better the whole active thing etc is a pain in the ass.I took additional cover as I was assured it would be easy to reach the tiers and thought I would justify the saving that way but Its even worse for me than Discovery.

First they didn't cancell my Debit orders then I couldnt link my planet fitness to Moentum as it is allready linked to Discovery so that was another mission and then I got the list of what to do to get to the tiers......They want almost everything up to how much you weighed at birth, they want vehicle and security details which is not even related to my Life and Annuities I took out with them. Not a big fan of Momentum at the moment and if anyone is thinking of getting on it just beware it is a pain in the ass.

Hmm don't agree with you. I got onto private club after about 2/3 years of joining and now I get enough points to maintain private club very easily. I got to 1500 points in April already. If you do the online assessments(you can do 1 a month and then it doesn't seem like such a long process) and meet with your broker that's already like half the points needed, if not more. Maybe you just got a k@k broker?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm don't agree with you. I got onto private club after about 2/3 years of joining and now I get enough points to maintain private club very easily. I got to 1500 points in April already. If you do the online assessments(you can do 1 a month and then it doesn't seem like such a long process) and meet with your broker that's already like half the points needed, if not more. Maybe you just got a k@k broker?

I also found it very easy. We went from Bronze to Platinum in two months. Almost at Private, just need 150 more points. Any tips???

I also found it very easy. We went from Bronze to Platinum in two months. Almost at Private, just need 150 more points. Any tips???

Have you taken into account that you have to be an Multiply member for 2 years before you are allowed to reach private club?

Have you taken into account that you have to be an Multiply member for 2 years before you are allowed to reach private club?

Yes I have. The only thing costing us now, is that we only have life insurance with Momentum, and not any other products

Have you done all the online surveys?

If you log onto the site their is a thing that says earn extra points. 

Been for a dental check up?

Been to dischem/clicks for the tests? Think its blood pressure and weight and a few other simple things.

Done the HIV test?

Yes I have. The only thing costing us now, is that we only have life insurance with Momentum, and not any other products

wrong - 2 products. Multiply & Myriad. 

:P

That's why it takes 3 years to get to Private Club. And the more products you have, the easier it is. 

Don't agree either.    It's a pain in the butt because you are not on top of how it works and streamlining it, due to yourself of a crappy broker yes.

I joined when you could still get to private club in the first year, I reached in within 6 months.

Now yearly I re qualify for private club within 3 months.  In the beginning of each year I go for the health assessment and set aside 30-45 minutes and do both me and my wife's questionnaires.  The whole Multiply system is the best it was currently.

Why not their medical aid/Hospital plan?  I cannot imagine anybody else having a better deal than what you can get with Momentum Health & Multiply?

Just the health returns is R1,000 per month per adult.  We get R24,000 per year mahala in our health savings, just by putting on the running shoes each morning!

Why not their medical aid/Hospital plan?  I cannot imagine anybody else having a better deal than what you can get with Momentum Health & Multiply?

Just the health returns is R1,000 per month per adult.  We get R24,000 per year mahala in our health savings, just by putting on the running shoes each morning!

Going down to max R 1,000 per family per month on Custom plan next year. Still a very good option, though.

Only downside is that you need to build that up over time, rather than getting it all at the beginning of the year as with Coastal Saver etc. And you have to compare apples with apples ie Associated hospitals with plans like Delta on Discovery, and there's no option to go with the State for Chronic meds on Disco (which is where I'm getting most of my savings cos I'm not on chronic)

So blanket statements like that don't always apply. It has to be a case by case comparison to ensure that you're making the right choice for your circumstances.

Getting the point to get to Private club cost me 3 days after joining (2 weeks for them to load it all) in the middle of last year (they took all my Gamin files from the beginning of the year - which helped). Its the easiest reward program - just takes 2 years of been on it to get the Private club discounts!

Going down to max R 1,000 per family per month on Custom plan next year. Still a very good option, though.

So blanket statements like that don't always apply. It has to be a case by case comparison to ensure that you're making the right choice for your circumstances.

Why/how do you go down to R1,000? We are also on custom.

The blanket statement was based on the Multiply add on benefits and the fact that I could not get something that compare and are better for my circumstances.  In fact the "blanket statement" was more of a blanket opinion, the "I cannot imagine" part you know.

Perhaps time to "change your approach" a bit?

Getting the point to get to Private club cost me 3 days after joining (2 weeks for them to load it all) in the middle of last year (they took all my Gamin files from the beginning of the year - which helped). Its the easiest reward program - just takes 2 years of been on it to get the Private club discounts!

Yes, but even platinum is still nothing to complain about whilst you wait the two years out.

Quick question, in order for me to get the health saving based on my active days, do I need to first do the clicks/dischme thingy? Last month my wife and I achieve the goals, but we still dont see any "monies" for health saver?

Quick question, in order for me to get the health saving based on my active days, do I need to first do the clicks/dischme thingy? Last month my wife and I achieve the goals, but we still dont see any "monies" for health saver?

The health assessment is THE start of it and it is free..

"Members will not earn HealthReturns if they do not have a Healthy Heart Score.

1. Get your Healthy Heart Score

In order for us to provide you with a Healthy Heart Score, you need to complete a health assessment. As a Multiply member, you are entitled to one free health assessment per year."

https://www.momentum.co.za/for/you/multiply/premier/health-returns

Thanks Jackes, Last month was my first month on Momentum - still trying to figure out how I am going to maximise the points.

The health assessment is THE start of it and it is free..

"Members will not earn HealthReturns if they do not have a Healthy Heart Score.

1. Get your Healthy Heart Score
In order for us to provide you with a Healthy Heart Score, you need to complete a health assessment. As a Multiply member, you are entitled to one free health assessment per year."

https://www.momentum.co.za/for/you/multiply/premier/health-returns

Thanks Jackes, Last month was my first month on Momentum - still trying to figure out how I am going to maximise the points.

Do that and whilst at it and HIV test as well, submit that for your points too.

All the assessments, with the safety photo validations, the broker needs to allocate all the points that he must from your visit to him, do your active days per month (16) and that will take you far...