Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Looking at that I should have my 1500 points in January, All my insurance(life, car, home, funds at work) eggs are in the same momentum basket and have been for 5+ years so that is a bunch of points for doing absolutely nothing. Then we meet with our broker mid Jan and on the same day he organisers a fitness test at his office. Off to dischem for a quick test and then its just tick over with the active dayz. I wont even need to do the online surveys but will do it anyway just to show off :P .

I quickly looked at my points.   Now I'm in the same boat, but only 3 products.  We are currently on 1910/1500 points.

I take it the (200 + 150 + 200 + 500 points) are for a single member, iow multiply by 2 for a family, thus giving you a MAX of 2100 points available?   Is the 500 points under get more also 1000 per family?  For example, Health, Multiply and Life insurance = 3 x 2 (Me and her) x 120 points?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, it's actually pretty easy to get to 500 points. Online assessments, fitness assessments, broker appointments and revisions together with active days and the "security checks" etc. 

The thing that takes time is getting to Private Club, purely for the reason that you get more points the longer you have their products. 

ActiveDayz has been reduced from 180 to 80. Now you really have my attention :-), please demonstrate how one could get to 500 points pretty easily with only having Health&Multiply and being a new member.

That sucks. I have picked up some damn good bargains before at Edgars. Almost felt like I was robbing them. Their 50% sales(of which they have often) paired with 40% off was pretty lekker.

Indeed.  We can also wear Guess and Sissy boy etc... LOL   On those type of specials we pay +- 200 - 300 for Sissy boy jeans, crazy.    But no, the only robbing that takes place is these retailers.   Do you realize what these clothing costs them as they STILL make a profit.   The clothing industry is a RIPOFF...

The other handy part of Edgars and the 40% was the Oakleys... :thumbup:

ActiveDayz has been reduced from 180 to 80. Now you really have my attention :-), please demonstrate how one could get to 500 points pretty easily with only having Health&Multiply and being a new member.

Health - 200 (20+100+80)

Safety - 70 (20+50) Excluding the Safe days App for now

Finance - 120 (20+100) Excluding the Spend App for now

Get more - 140 (70x2)

Thats 530, without the 160 available on the safe and money apps.  So add that and your on Platinum.   If I'm reading the new points table correctly of course.

Edited by Jackes

Seems the health returns are calculated per R500 contribution per member contribution, not per total contribution. We have not been with momentum long enough for private club, so currently we earn 2xR800 in health returns on platinum.

We are on the Custom associated state option paying R1266 + R960 in premiums. With the new rules we would just get R300 + R150 in health returns on platinum.

R1600 down to R450 seems a klap in die gesig.

I'm waiting for Momentum to announce that they are generous enough to increase the adult dependant premium to only R999...

The guys with Health returns are getting nailed more than the guys with only Myriad...as BMI will also become a factor with Health returns next year..

I haven't had a gap to study everything in detail yet, and because I don't work with the medical aid part of things I am not really up to date with the 2018 health returns as yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We are on the Custom associated state option paying R1266 + R960 in premiums. With the new rules we would just get R300 + R150 in health returns on platinum.

R1600 down to R450 seems a klap in die gesig.

I'm waiting for Momentum to announce that they are generous enough to increase the adult dependant premium to only R999...

The 2018 rates will be R1 366 - R1 033 - R484.   So R600 HR in 2018.   It's the same decrease as with us Private as well, from R2,000 down to R1,000.    

The 2,000 was an increase from R900.   This was a bugger up of note to start off with, a nice one for us, for 12 months at least, but really a red face one for them, stupid.  

The 2,000 Health returns vs our R3,200 premium on Health, actually means that we pay R1,200 per month for a family of 4 for our Hospital plan (with health platform benefits)    Surely that is not sustainable so I recon this was a error to begin with.  I guess they know what they are doing and have their reasons, but this 2018 adjustment leaves a sour taste in how they handle yearly adjustments.

Does your cash back benefit, as explained above, only apply to medical aid contributions or for ALL Momentum products owned?

Just activated my Multiply after years of being on Myriad. Never realised it could have some significant benefit. Hoping we could still get the possible 40% discount in 2018.

Currently on Discovery Health and Vitality and playing with the idea of moving to Momentum for Health as well. Not overly thrilled with Discovery and Vitality's actual benefit is minimal at best.

Someone in the know, please tell me this is not so....

Since the migration to the new online shop, there is some of our spending limits missing.   I questioned this and this morning one of the online shop guys gave me a call.  

According to him, the online limits has been consolidated since the inception of the new online store.   In other words, it is not R25,000 - Online shop and R18,000 - Edcon for you and your wife, meaning R50,000 in total for the family for the online shop anymore, but it is R25,000 in total for the family now. 

Please tell me this is not the case?

And if not, please tell me where have I missed the Momentum communication to us as members, saying that this will be the case?  Nailing us with this as well, 3/4 through the year?   

Edited by Jackes

Someone in the know, please tell me this is not so....

Since the migration to the new online shop, there is some of our spending limits missing.   I questioned this and this morning one of the online shop guys gave me a call.  

According to him, the online limits has been consolidated since the inception of the new online store.   In other words, it is not R25,000 - Online shop and R18,000 - Edcon for you and your wife, meaning R50,000 in total for the family for the online shop anymore, but it is R25,000 in total for the family now. 

Please tell me this is not the case?

And if not, please tell me where have I missed the Momentum communication to us as members, saying that this will be the case?  Nailing us with this as well, 3/4 through the year?   

I got below from the website:

You now have 3 spending limits within the online shop!

All Products (excluding The Pro Shop, Cycle Lab and Edcon vouchers)

In any calendar year from January to December, the percentage discount you will receive in the online shop depends on your Multiply Premier status. Your purchases are subject to a R25000 annual spending limit per family to the retail price before your Multiply Premier status discount is applied.

Once you have reached your R25 000 spending limit you will receive the discount applicable to members on a Bronze status.

The Pro Shop and Cycle Lab vouchers

In any calendar year from January to December, the percentage discount you will receive in the online shop depends on your Multiply Premier status. Your purchases are subject to a R25000 annual spending limit per family to the retail price before your Multiply Premier status discount is applied.

Once you have reached your R25 000 spending limit you will receive the discount applicable to members on a Multiply Starter status.

Edcon vouchers

In any calendar year from January to December, the percentage discount you will receive in the online shop depends on your Multiply status/level.

For Multiply Premier members, your purchases are subject to a R18 000 annual spending limit per family to the retail price before your Multiply status discount is applied.

Special Offers

The online shop will also offer monthly Special Offers, these purchases will not count towards your overall R25 000 spend limit. All Special Offers have the same fantastic price regardless of your Multiply status.

So indeed....   With the new online shop they reduced our limits and consolidated it.   Like in our case we have used up more than R25,000 together for the year, so the limits we had left for the year (+- R15,000) is now gone after the consolidation and we have now zero left for the rest of the year.

How can you make such an decision during the year and implement it without giving notice (AFAIK)?

They are really screwing us now.   This means R25,000 per year less on the online shop (Including takelot) and R18,000 less on Edcon.

Edited by Jackes

Is there anybody here that is a single Multiply member, that can confirm the new onlineshop and edcon limits as per the new online shop profile please?

Is there anybody here that is a single Multiply member, that can confirm the new onlineshop and edcon limits as per the new online shop profile please?

My 2017 limits (single membership); as explained in post 237. So to confirm, my limits did not decrease/change when the online website changed.