Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

Looking at it again now on the site (and not reading Meezo'a post), I would have to agree.

Ignore my previous reply :P

Just checked again, its says

12 hours for 3 consecutive rides (in 3 consecutive days)

Commuting would mean 6 consecutive rides in 3 consecutive days

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For challenge 4, it says "at least 3 rides" so I would think you can ride morning and evening for 3 days (say 6 rides) and that would be fine?

For challenge 4, it says "at least 3 rides" so I would think you can ride morning and evening for 3 days (say 6 rides) and that would be fine?

Yes, that will be fine. As long as the 12 hours falls within a 3 day window within the challenge period you can split it up into as many rides as you like.

I also managed to do Challenge #3 yesterday in 95km on the MTB in the howling wind.  I was broken by the end of that sufferfest!  

Bring on Challenge #4!   :clap:

I did challenge 3 on Saturday. It took 140km and 6.5 hours in Pretoria as there aren't really any nice long ongoing drags. But the ride is in the bag, thats all that counts!!!

You just don't know where to look.  ;)

Pretoria 111km, 4:47

I did challenge 3 on Saturday. It took 140km and 6.5 hours in Pretoria as there aren't really any nice long ongoing drags. But the ride is in the bag, thats all that counts!!!

You just don't know where to look.  ;)

Pretoria 111km, 4:47

Jeez well done Rudi.

Spinnekop where did you ride?

My brother and I finished off the challenge on Saturday at Suikerbosrand. The wind turned it into quite a ride.

I see some people are finishing this challenge just over the 2500m mark, are some devices that accurate for tracking your ride? I used to have a 310xt that measured altitude gain but I don't remember it ever being that accurate, it always readjusted up or down after the ride.

Well, with a bit of bad guessing from my side, after uploading our route it turned out we had done an extra 250m.