Review: BMC Teamelite 01 XT

Nick

I think someone from the bike industry(Trek, Spaz, Cannodale, BMC) should come explain the cost of bikes, every component is mass produced except the frame, companies buy components in bulk and yet the bicycles cost more than many cars....? just curious

Agreed - components are exactly the same on all bikes...basically only the frames and wheels are different with handlebar / stem / saddle in the mix. And this price tag for a semi-soft tail :blink:  :eek:  I guess that new Titan Duel suss with 11-speed XT/SLX mix does not look that bad anymore @ R30k  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  LOL

The frame is mid 40k so you can do the calcs yourself.

No need for an explanation. Supply and demand dictates pricing.

The frame is mid 40k so you can do the calcs yourself.

No need for an explanation. Supply and demand dictates pricing.

The demand can't be that high (well in SA anyway)! Hardly ever see a BMC out on the trails

Agreed - components are exactly the same on all bikes...basically only the frames and wheels are different with handlebar / stem / saddle in the mix. And this price tag for a semi-soft tail :blink:  :eek:  I guess that new Titan Duel suss with 11-speed XT/SLX mix does not look that bad anymore @ R30k  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  LOL

Same thing with laptops. You can buy a Sahara laptop for R5000 or a Dell for R15000.

Both will have either one of two or three popular brand hard drives in, both will have a motherboard made by one of about 3 different companies (Asus, Gigabyte, Intel), RAM from one of also about 3 different companies and a CPU mostly from 1 company, Intel.

Jy betaal vir die naam ou pêl.

Hence why I will never buy a big name brand bike again, Spaz, Cannondale, BMC, etc. For the price of this frame alone I can build a top range hardtail using a Chinese frame (my current Chinarello frame is going on 4 years old and still solid as a rock), and pretty much top range parts.

The demand can't be that high (well in SA anyway)! Hardly ever see a BMC out on the trails

Because SA has been taken over by Spaz, and everybody follows like sheep.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

I am on my second BMC MTB, and have been on my roady BMC since 2010, and couldn't be happier. Did also not pay through my nose, I got all the bikes on special deals since the sheeple only buy Spaz around here.

Edited by Moridin

Hence why I will never buy a big name brand bike again, Spaz, Cannondale, BMC, etc. For the price of this frame alone I can build a top range hardtail using a Chinese frame (my current Chinarello frame is going on 4 years old and still solid as a rock), and pretty much top range parts.

Ek stem saam ou maat...selfde met motors, karavane, ens. ens...betaal vir die "brand"

Everyone is hating because the bikes are more expensive than most, but then when they see one up close/in person, they get a little jealous inside...because deep down inside they know that is a PROPER quality frame that is really attractive because of it's rarity.

Everyone is hating because the bikes are more expensive than most, but then when they see one up close/in person, they get a little jealous inside...because deep down inside they know that is a PROPER quality frame that is really attractive because of it's rarity.

By that statement of "rarity".....Spaz,Scott and Cannondale should be dirt cheap as they are everywhere.  Not hating the brands at all, just curious as to how a frame can cost so much, how can a bicycle cost more than a small car?!? 

Same thing with laptops. You can buy a Sahara laptop for R5000 or a Dell for R15000.

Both will have either one of two or three popular brand hard drives in, both will have a motherboard made by one of about 3 different companies (Asus, Gigabyte, Intel), RAM from one of also about 3 different companies and a CPU mostly from 1 company, Intel.

Speaking of Chinarello, where's the best place to order reliable Chinese frames? AliExpress?

At their year end sales they give 30% away , so it just shows how big the profit margins are !

70 k ! you must be on crack for a XT bike

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there, does anyone know where i can get a replacement for one of these rubber pieces, for the Micro travel technology?

IMG-20210526-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20210526-WA0000.jpeg