[Event] Hollard JUMA

Events Bot

Event Name: Hollard JUMA
When: 28 May 2017
Where: Marks Parks, Judith Road, Randburg, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The Hollard JOZI URBAN MTB ADVENTURE has two separate routes in 2017; a 54km & 22km urban ride through the heart of the biggest urban forest in the World, our city Johannesburg! Partnering with City Parks and Johannesburg Zoo we have created a route that will take you on an adventure and give you the chance to pocket your share of R180 000 in cash!!! With a custom-built course to the value of R1.5 million featuring storm water drains, underground tunnels, and floating bridges there will be something for everyone!

Go to Event Page

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, everyone is doing the 54km :-)

I'm keen on the 22km as its my first RACE... was looking for hubbers who might be doing the same race

I'm keen on the 22km as its my first RACE... was looking for hubbers who might be doing the same race

The 22km is cool...but all the fun features are on the 54km! I did it last year, nearly died due to lack of fitness...but had a massive jol! Doing it again this year but still with a major lack of fitness! Just doing it for fun so not concerned about walking hills and so on... plus my bike is not quite designed for climbing! 

Edited by Enduro_Jakes

The 22km is cool...but all the fun features are on the 54km! I did it last year, nearly died due to lack of fitness...but had a massive jol! Doing it again this year but still with a major lack of fitness! Just doing it for fun so not concerned about walking hills and so on... plus my bike is not quite designed for climbing! 

Agreed.

The 22km will be over before you can say "What is that smell...?"

Very lekker ride the 54km

I am also doing the 54km.............ride the spruit often from Alberts farm to Sunninghill and back so should be ok.........

Also doing the 54km.... first time though. Never ridden in Joburg before, so thought it would be good for a giggle. 

I'm planning on doing it but still need to register. Did the 15km Jacaranda Off The Beaten Track event this past weekend which was great fun and also my first race, might do another 10/15km event before the 22km JUMA, but for now JUMA is the next big one.

54, singlespeed again.

Hopefully people ride the hills properly this year and don't cause bottlenecks again. It's tough doing some of those climbs in the rough next to the trail because someone chooses to walk in the middle of the path on the steep stuff

Did it last year.

Have decided not to this year as one bad fall due to algae could be very costly.

Will rather ride Nissan trailseeker the following weekend

Did it last year.

Have decided not to this year as one bad fall due to algae could be very costly.

Will rather ride Nissan trailseeker the following weekend