Ironman 2017 - PE

IceCreamMan

Last long run and ride done this past weekend... did a PB at the Om die Dam 21.1km on Saturday so feeling ready :)

Good one... I had a nice ride on Saturday and was aiming for a nice 2 hour plus run yeaterday. After 40 minutes my legs felt dead so called it a day. Will swim and spin this afternoon, a nice ride tomorrow and chill til the weekend for another nice ride. Shortish runs only now.

Work is done, nothing to be achieved by killing oneself now training. Roll on 2 April and hope for a windless day which is unlikely but one can hope. :)

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good one... I had a nice ride on Saturday and was aiming for a nice 2 hour plus run yeaterday. After 40 minutes my legs felt dead so called it a day. Will swim and spin this afternoon, a nice ride tomorrow and chill til the weekend for another nice ride. Shortish runs only now.

Work is done, nothing to be achieved by killing oneself now training. Roll on 2 April and hope for a windless day which is unlikely but one can hope. :)

Yep work is done, short workouts only now, fatigue to drop and fitness to remain... and avoid injury and illness.  And a little prayer to the weather gods....

Ate a Checkers pie yesterday at 10AM.  DId a solid 1h45 ride after that.  Yesterday 21h00 i started puking and it ended this morning at 5am.  At work today but feeling "thin" to say the least.  Will see if I can target 2 shortish bike workouts tomorrow with a swim in the middle.  Pity the race is not today as I am at race weight  :w00t:

Will run again from Wednesday.

in the short strokes now.... had a good ride and run yesterday, not too far, not too fast but solid training. Rest today, run and swim tomorrow and swim Friday. Cycle Saturday and run sunday then taper week with small amounts of swim, run and a spin session with Bonnie.

Then PE......

Yep work is done, short workouts only now, fatigue to drop and fitness to remain... and avoid injury and illness.  And a little prayer to the weather gods....

Jeepers I hope my fatique will disappear before race day. Feel like a zombie.  :blink:

Jeepers I hope my fatique will disappear before race day. Feel like a zombie.  :blink:

Make sure you taper properly. Felt like this last week and a weekend of proper sleep and significantly reduced training has me starting to feel ok again.

I   have never biked more than 4 hours leading up which was not enough.  I have done a few 10 hour bike weeks cumulatively however I think I will feel it at 150 km due to the absence of at least one 5h30 + ride.

Running has been good but definitely not enough interval training.  So I expect a "comfortable" race (up until 30 km on the run that is) but no PB's.

Good luck rounding off the training and dont get fat in the next 10 days

I have just come down with sinus congestion, thought was getting the flu but seems the Dr says no virus, so on antibiotics, decongestants and nasal spray right up to race day.

Am glad am tapering and hope the body's immune system can recover after all this training.

Any weather predictions yet?  :whistling:

I had a recovery week last week and feel super fresh. I have shorter sessions this week with a 20 km run on Saturday 3hr ride Sunday, then fully tapering. It's all very overwhelming but I'm loving it.

What tyres are you guys running? My rear tyre is pretty tired (haha) and thought I should get it changed now and ride it in a bit before the race so if there is any chance of a puncture I'll pick it up before race-day. Also not sure whether I should get my bike serviced. All in working order now, and scared that any sort of change might cause an issue.

I use continentals. If tyre is tired rather change it. Would be nasty to have a tyre issue on the day.

If everything works on the bike with no issues then no need to service it I reckon

What tyres are you guys running? My rear tyre is pretty tired (haha) and thought I should get it changed now and ride it in a bit before the race so if there is any chance of a puncture I'll pick it up before race-day. Also not sure whether I should get my bike serviced. All in working order now, and scared that any sort of change might cause an issue.

I run Continental GP4000 25c

As ICM says... if it isn't broken don't fix it.  Not sure why you would need a service when all is working well

Over the last 7 days I have cycled 205 kays, swam 7 kays and run 37 kays. Over the next 4 days until sunday I will swim around 5 kays, run around 20 and cycle around 100 then start taper when the Motogp season starts with a beer or 2 to celebrate (and more if Rossi wiins it)

Next week, rest day Monday, 7 km run on Tuesday morning and a swim in the afternoon. A spin session on Wednesday and a lil swim. A 5 km run in Pe at sedate pace on Thursday afternoon, 40 kay cycle and 1500 metre sea swim on Friday then relax Friday afternoon, chill all day Saturday with maybe a lil swim and then show time.

Feeling pretty good, started the magnesium tablets on Monday so pretty much all systems go.

I use continentals. If tyre is tired rather change it. Would be nasty to have a tyre issue on the day.

If everything works on the bike with no issues then no need to service it I reckon

I run Continental GP4000 25c

As ICM says... if it isn't broken don't fix it.  Not sure why you would need a service when all is working well

I run Continental Gatorskin 25mm at 7bar. Wanted to go with my tubbies but just not worth the risk. Also the GP4000's are good they roll like a dream but not as bulletproof as the Gatorskins. its all a trade off faster tyres=bigger puncture risk-and I am risk averse when it come to IM,   

Archived