Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Hey the CEO of Hansgrohe was wearing a Bora Hansgrohe jacket.. immediately I thought the longer Hansgrohe stay involved with the Epic the better the changes that we will see Sagan here one day.. he knows about the Epic he sent a good luck message out last night. Seems like a challenge Sags would like.

A girl can dream... 6 years just 6 years and I reckon he will be here. ..or untill after he wins Milan San Remo and Roubaix.

[emoji23] [emoji23]

We all want to see him race though, Gen, not up all night swatting away persistent stalkers... #justsaying

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all want to see him race though, Gen, not up all night swatting away persistent stalkers... #justsaying

He he he.. I promise I will only cheer.

I would make the trip down to cheer him on hey.. I would definitely do it

Sooo Proud, my Pops becomes the oldest finisher at Epic ever, 70 years old AND 281st overall.

Give that man a Vodka and Coke!!!

Sooo Proud, my Pops becomes the oldest finisher at Epic ever, 70 years old AND 281st overall.

Wow!!

Wow, what an achievement!  Well done to you Pops.

Great example of what can be done. 

Gobsmacked!

Now that is just incredible .. big congrats

A great example that you're never done with life after 65.

XC riders cleaned up on this year's Epic. As Fumic said, they are the real MTBrs.  :whistling:

Although it should be said the field of pro elite marathon riders was not that deep, many of the big names in this Epic game are past there peak (with due respects)

What I really enjoyed was road legends Cuddles, Big G and Purito having a blast and doing well.

Not a good year for past champions. Team Bulls finishing 12th and Ariane and Partner in 5th. Lakata and Hynek not really featuring this year. They all must be pretty disappointed.

Not bad for Sauser after coming back from retirement, though, and well done to Schurter and teammate 

****, I'd still be on stage 3 by now. What a man!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They should not finish on Polo fields then. Is the Polo club in need of funds that the Epic had to finish there?

I miss the Grand Finale at Lourensford. And they used to have a race for us poor people on the day just so we could also feel the vibe. I think it was sponsored by Liquifruit then.

That used to be such a fun event (the Lourensford MTB ride).

Well done to your dad! I think you owe him a case of his favourite beer!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Wonder how many draadsitters will now walk past the Spez Concept Stores and rather put bucks down on the better Scott Sparks?  :whistling:

The Spez boys got their asses handed to them on plate. They should let their Saffa techies handle their tyre choices next time.

Or realize its cool to fit saddle bags now that they know Nino does. 

post-7-0-67977400-1490534471_thumb.jpg

Archived