94.7 MTB 55 km Route

Guest CraigTaylorZA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have an idea how many starting batches the 55km has?

Can't seem to find that info anywhere. There's a full list for the road race but can't see anything for the MTB.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eish. I normally drop back a few groups without hesitation when I am out of shape (I am in a shape now-round!) but in this race you really get stuck early in long queues. I think I will still start A1 and fake a few flats later on. Nothing technical. More than enough climbing in the end to keep you honest.

Eish. I normally drop back a few groups without hesitation when I am out of shape (I am in a shape now-round!) but in this race you really get stuck early in long queues. I think I will still start A1 and fake a few flats later on. Nothing technical. More than enough climbing in the end to keep you honest.

It's only 55km, you can go flat box from the gun...

Can't seem to find that info anywhere. There's a full list for the road race but can't see anything for the MTB.

Good to know it's not my web surfing skills letting me down.

So for us poor souls starting in the lower batches as well as being 1st timers to this 55km event, how much queing is there on the route / how long do we stand around and chin wag our way through the holdup?

So for us poor souls starting in the lower batches as well as being 1st timers to this 55km event, how much queing is there on the route / how long do we stand around and chin wag our way through the holdup?

Right there with you. I'm one of those souls.

If this rain continues, might have to attach some oars to the bike.

There is probably very little or no queuing. The route the last two years are open and everybody sort of sort themselves out in the first 7 km with the thee hills. The only place you could expect some bottle necks are the river single track sections. One just after halfway and the other below Mr Steyn "house".

There is probably very little or no queuing. The route the last two years are open and everybody sort of sort themselves out in the first 7 km with the thee hills. The only place you could expect some bottle necks are the river single track sections. One just after halfway and the other below Mr Steyn "house".

Thank you

Anybody have an idea how many starting batches the 55km has?

Lowest batch I've heard of is A7 - and that is from someone who hasn't raced in a few years.