Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2016

Skubarra

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if you bonked at the one tonner and your seeding took a dip???  :ph34r:

Can't fault the criticism of this race but still think overall it is a lekker race to do (and I desperately need the seeding... )

PPA Seeding has been updated, the adjusted winner managed to beat $ bunch by 8 minutes so well done to him (and in the process messed up my seeding a bit) - but at least I have  managed to stop my seeding rot, things are looking up for March....

PPA Seeding has been updated, the adjusted winner managed to beat $ bunch by 8 minutes so well done to him (and in the process messed up my seeding a bit) - but at least I have  managed to stop my seeding rot, things are looking up for March....

That was quick! Just went up a group, yay.

The Hill climb TT had a higher beta than the race yesterday. I finished 14s after the winner (as did most of $) and the result is a throw away.

The Hill climb TT had a higher beta than the race yesterday. I finished 14s after the winner (as did most of $) and the result is a throw away.

Out of interest, the fastest time in % gives an index of 14 (which is in the bottom of B group), so if anyone outside $ hoped to use this race to get into the PPA A bunch they completely wasted their time

Yep, happened to me. My One Tonner result from 1D has a better beta than finishing with main bunch in %

Out of interest, the fastest time in % gives an index of 14 (which is in the bottom of B group), so if anyone outside $ hoped to use this race to get into the PPA A bunch they completely wasted their time

The name is Sa-Gun

Peta Sa-Gun

That's quite a break there

It is legend that Die Muishond manages the algorithm business of the PPA based on his training ride data. :huh:

The name is Sa-Gun

Peta Sa-Gun

That's quite a break there

It is legend that Die Muishond manages the algorithm business of the PPA based on his training ride data. :huh:

Haha! Should have known... Only Die Muishond can pull off a break-away like that

So first real cycle race for me (apart from Durbie Dash 46km) since I started cycling in October. Durbie Dash got me a 2L seeding, and managed to finish yesterday in 3h03m.

Must say, the atmosphere between the cyclists and how they look out for each other is great, but yes, that oncoming traffic was something else, and the jostling in the mega-bunch was crazy. What a day to ride though.

So, if my new seeding is P, what does that mean? Not sure what my previous seeding was.

P

PRO

Professional

????

There have been a few mentions, including in the Savage race report, of these crashes.

Out of interest, what are the causes?

There have been a few mentions, including in the Savage race report, of these crashes.

Out of interest, what are the causes?

Would Say perfect conditions was the biggest factor and maybe the fact that the pace wasn't high enough to drop the really tired guys.

Funny thing is , I actually went next to one of my friends and told him, group is very frisky and as I did this a guy just took a gap in front causing me to actually drift a little as I locked up my rears, a few minutes later the exact thing happen again, only this time nothing I could do to avoid it as I was boxed in and took out my front wheel. 

Archived