Wet weather kit

Lurch the stalker

I'm sure I've missed this somewhere around here, but, what kit is everybody using for wet weather riding to not make their rides too miserable. I generally don't mind some rain, if I'm on my way home, but often will chicken out of riding in the morning if it even looks like it may rain so I don't arrive at the office looking like a drowned rat :P

My experience with wet weather clothing, is that you end up wet anyway, but from sweat inside the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I've missed this somewhere around here, but, what kit is everybody using for wet weather riding to not make their rides too miserable. I generally don't mind some rain, if I'm on my way home, but often will chicken out of riding in the morning if it even looks like it may rain so I don't arrive at the office looking like a drowned rat :P

Basically what RocknRolla said. I don't commute to to work when it is raining in the morning or if there is a high propability of rain. I have no place in the office to hang wet clothes.

If there is a chance of afternoon rain I use the MTB with mug guards fitted. I only made the mistake once to cycle here in rain without those guards. I looked like a crawled home through a forest.

Other than that just a rain coat for the upper body and cover for yhe backpack.

Best way to stay dry if it's already raining before you start is to use an IDT.

So how many people do you know who commute on a IDT? ;)

So how many people do you know who commute on a IDT? ;)

Apologies, missed the bit about "arriving at the office", mine refers specifically to training rides. Whoopsie

The only solution to wet weather is a shower and a towel... after the ride, obviously.

Basically what RocknRolla said. I don't commute to to work when it is raining in the morning or if there is a high propability of rain. I have no place in the office to hang wet clothes.

If there is a chance of afternoon rain I use the MTB with mug guards fitted. I only made the mistake once to cycle here in rain without those guards. I looked like a crawled home through a forest.

Other than that just a rain coat for the upper body and cover for yhe backpack.

The MTB with mud guards is a good idea for most of the spray.

What are you covering the bag with?

As long s I'm warm I don't care if I'm wet. As long as my feet are dry I'm happy! 

Also don't like wet socks/feet - what are you using?

The only solution to wet weather is a shower and a towel... after the ride, obviously.

Got a full gym, with steam room, waiting at the office.

Gabba 2

long leg bib

good wet weather gloves and booties from castelli

casquette under helmet

hot coffee and a towel

idt's are for p*ssies

Gabba 2

long leg bib

good wet weather gloves and booties from castelli

casquette under helmet

hot coffee and a towel

idt's are for p*ssies

That's a impressive kit with a price tag.

Problem is getting the kit dry for the ride home....

Its just cold for the first 10 minutes....

On a serious note, if you are doing fair distance ( time) while it's raining, you may start feeling cold after a while, due to the water on your skin simulating the cooling effects of sweat.

So although a rainproof jacket does not keep you dry because of the sweat inside. It does keep you comfortable over longer distance and duration rides.

Some people have different areas of their bodies that may enhance the feeling of being cold, eg: feet, head, ears etc. So I suggest making sure you are prepared to keep those areas warm during wet weather riding.

I have started some afternoon rides in summer at 30degrees, and after finishing the latter half of the ride in a thunderstorm and rain, I got home feeling cold enough to really want to get into a hot shower in the middle of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're heading into Winter, which is the rainy (rainier anyway) season here. Last year I trained through the winter with the cheapest stuff I could get. This year, booties, sealskinz waterproof socks, endura jacket, good underarmor, good gloves. Wet and low single digit temperatures can be a bit *** after a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived