L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jis.. I would love to do it.. but 2 problems.. I have a road bike, but I am nervous in a bunch.. and it's the same day as Flanders[emoji33]

1-Apr is the Maluti Double 90

2-Apr is the L'Etape South Africa

Wonderful planning from all concerned!

Unf***ing believeable!  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

This is a problem. Our club was planning to do the Maluti, but this has come up and will probably be a once off event so makes more sense to do it.

Yoh beautiful route.. it is really tempting.. 160km .. yoh that's far.. but[emoji7] that route

It's not that difficult, only 1630m elevation gain over 160km. The Cycle Challenge has +/- 1400m over 93km.

It's not that difficult, only 1630m elevation gain over 160km. The Cycle Challenge has +/- 1400m over 93km.

It's the distance and riding in a bunch that I am concerned about[emoji102]

you don't have to ride in a bunch, and I think there's enough time to get your training sorted for that distance. The longest ride i've done is 125km but going to get my a$$ into gear now for this. Have just entered.

you don't have to ride in a bunch, and I think there's enough time to get your training sorted for that distance. The longest ride i've done is 125km but going to get my a$$ into gear now for this. Have just entered.

Bugger you need a credit card to enter [emoji85] I can't enter..ha ha ha.. I'll have to make another plan[emoji23] [emoji23]

rode the Le'Tape Korea about 2 weeks ago and loved it.

was around 130 kms on closed roads (rare in Korea) here's my blog about it.

http://www.mrlikerbiker.com/2016/11/07/froome/

In summary great day out and if you can start at the front then you get good time with Froome. Awesome race village too and they usually give away a froome dogma at the event!

https://www.strava.com/activities/766083107

hope I can make the SA one.

Perfect way to spoil a trip to Korea? What's second prize, having to have dinner with him?

Jis.. I would love to do it.. but 2 problems.. I have a road bike, but I am nervous in a bunch.. and it's the same day as Flanders[emoji33]

Bugger you need a credit card to enter [emoji85] I can't enter..ha ha ha.. I'll have to make another plan[emoji23] [emoji23]

Love it!

Where does one get the elevation gain? I can't find any detail about the route other than the videos.

Where does one get the elevation gain? I can't find any detail about the route other than the videos.

it shows on their website home page

ba443f897077a5782a307d4cb3e8bea4.png

Archived