L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

Love it!

Made a plan with one of our directors credit card and I have entered.

Sagan will have to do Flanders without me next year.[emoji102]

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not see on their website, who is doing the timing for this event?

Racetec!

When you click on ENTER RACE HERE, it takes you to the Cycle Events entry page, just like other events they host.

Three categories:

Elite men & U23

Elite ladies

Open Seeded

Individual or team of 6

Any tips on preparation are more than welcome.. I am going to need all the help I can get preparing for this road thingie ????[emoji39]

First thing.. pump the road bike's wheels[emoji23] [emoji23]

And just ride..[emoji23] [emoji23]

Any tips on preparation are more than welcome.. I am going to need all the help I can get preparing for this road thingie [emoji39]

First thing.. pump the road bike's wheels[emoji23] [emoji23]

And just ride..[emoji23] [emoji23]

For now, TITS.

I can ride 100km at intensity quite comfortably, its now just a matter of building up the mind and body to go to 160km.

For now, TITS.

I can ride 100km at intensity quite comfortably, its now just a matter of building up the mind and body to go to 160km.

If you can do 100km, you can do 200km .. just go at 80% and eat/drink often

if its correct, that's 600m more elevation than advertised... and to make it worse, the last 30-40km is on flat/downhill terrain so it becomes a tough 120km ride.

The website used makes use of map data (contour lines) to get an estimated elevation gain/loss. The elevation correction functionality corrects this when rides are uploaded, or if the device used has a barometric type sensor.

I use this website for the planning of all our club rides, and it's often over-stated.

Bugger you need a credit card to enter [emoji85] I can't enter..ha ha ha.. I'll have to make another plan[emoji23] [emoji23]

Train hard enough so you can be done in time to watch Sagz go for another Tour of Flanders.

Priorities.

Train hard enough so you can be done in time to watch Sagz go for another Tour of Flanders.

Priorities.

Or stay the night in the midlands and watch in the comfort of a B&B

Priorities.

He he he..

Or stay the night in the midlands and watch in the comfort of a B&B

He he..

Hey I need to find accommodation.

For now, TITS.

I have watched more cycling than actually cycling this year.. so I am basically starting from scratch..[emoji33] [emoji85]

But it's okay.. I am very motivated now..

I even have a safe stretch of tar I can use for midweek rides that will give me 90min a day during the week, and then will build up longer distances over the weekends.

I am sure my garmin app has some sort of training guide I can also use..

I have done more watching cycling than actually cycling this year.. so I am basically starting from scratch..[emoji33] [emoji85]

Neuropsychology suggests that watching others engage in physical activity (like endless hours of Grand Tour racing) has a subliminal effect on the fitness of the watcher ????

Neuropsychology suggests that watching others engage in physical activity (like endless hours of Grand Tour racing) has a subliminal effect on the fitness of the watcher ????

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Plenty months of pretending I am Sagan awaits..

Here's what I could make of the route, using the video:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17802582

attachicon.gifL'EtapeSA.png

Gerald I think you turn right back onto the R103 from Mooirivier and then go back on the same road as you started on through Nottingham Road again.  I've created a similar route on Strava, got to 159km with 1845m elevation gain.  It does seem like there may be some data point issues along the way though.

Archived