The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A better view. This one pretty much settles the jacket debate.

Does not really settle the jacket debate, just changes the question, because you can clearly see that the jacket hangs straight down before Sagan passes it and it then hangs at an angle as he has just passed it. Thus Sagan imparted a force on the jacket and the jacket imparted a force back onto Sagan.

So we can safely assume that Sagan and the jacket has some interaction.

However, the BikeHub Jury has yet to decide whether the jacket was innocent in all this by hanging right on the barrier and not protruding and whether the fault lies with Sagan who willfully endanged the jacket by riding so close to the barriers. :w00t: 

On a serious note, stuff happens, even to the best of them. He always brings the excitement and fun and that is why he is loved. The fact that he has achieved some serious victories only adds to it. I will ALWAYS watch a race where he is a participant.

Does not really settle the jacket debate, just changes the question, because you can clearly see that the jacket hangs straight down before Sagan passes it and it then hangs at an angle as he has just passed it. Thus Sagan imparted a force on the jacket and the jacket imparted a force back onto Sagan.

So we can safely assume that Sagan and the jacket has some interaction.

However, the BikeHub Jury has yet to decide whether the jacket was innocent in all this by hanging right on the barrier and not protruding and whether the fault lies with Sagan who willfully endanged the jacket by riding so close to the barriers. :w00t:

On a serious note, stuff happens, even to the best of them. He always brings the excitement and fun and that is why he is loved. The fact that he has achieved some serious victories only adds to it. I will ALWAYS watch a race where he is a participant.

I wonder if that guy will frame the jacket or burn it[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Keepsake..Sagan touched the jacket..or burn the evidence [emoji6]

Sags has said it was his fault..close to the barriers when he felt something brushed his hand.

Edited by Gen

Mmm come to think of it. I think GVA is the bad luck charm in all of this..last year the whole BMC went down and now Sags goes down in front of him.. he is clearly the bad Mojo.

I wonder if that guy will frame the jacket or burn it[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Keepsake..Sagan touched the jacket..or burn the evidence [emoji6]

Sags has said it was his fault..close to the barriers when he felt something brushed his hand.

I've got a black jacket in the cupboard... thinking of promoting it as "THE JACKET FROM RVV" on ebay... think it might fetch a couple of Euros.

Good on him, great attitude, will root for him as long as he isn't competing against a DDD rider in a given event

Sagan's bars were twisted by the jacket and then he veered his line into the foot stand of the barriers

He accepted this all as part of racing.

He made a short statement on social media.

Sagan's bars were twisted by the jacket and then he veered his line into the foot stand of the barriers

He accepted this all as part of racing.

He made a short statement on social media.

The whole lead-up Carbon29er was telling us Sagan was a 'wide boy'. Obviously that is why he hit the barrier, and not the much narrower okes around him.

Spoiled a damn good finale though :(

Edited by Thor Buttox

The whole lead-up Carbon29er was telling us Sagan was a 'wide boy'. Obviously that is why he hit the barrier, and not the much narrower okes around him.

Spoiled a damn good finale though :(

The planets aligned for Gilbert to win it Edited by Gen

Hope they have more onboard camera footage with the DSes this weekend

Shame speaking of the Bora director apologised for his erm language when Sagan fell[emoji85]

Shame speaking of the Bora director apologised for his erm language when Sagan fell[emoji85]

Like a little spoilt brat. This whole incident did them no favours in terms of being likeable.

Jeroen Swart has the answer on what caused wonder boy to fall:

post-35786-0-25524700-1491230965_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... Only cos Peter saw the dark side of his moon :(

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Like a little spoilt brat. This whole incident did them no favours in terms of being likeable.

Jeroen Swart has the answer on what caused wonder boy to fall:

attachicon.gifPS1169.jpg

Ha ha ha.. you don't like many things or people so it's cool.[emoji6]

The tension that is the spring classics lol

Edited by Gen

Pieter seems to be taking it a lot better than he is getting creadit for:

https://instagram.com/p/BSbN96DjtZb/

That's a speed wobble of note hey.. you really only get a sense of how fast they are riding from a side angle hey.

It's all part of racing.. he has said that much more than once.. you try gain that little bit of an advantage anywhere you can and that sometimes comes with a risk..he has paid for that.. now maybe the guys won't follow him everywhere he goes. [emoji6]

Social media makes these incident out to be a lot more than what they actually are....the riders take things as they come.. people ask questions, they answer and from there every little detail is analysed to whichever way you want to see it.

We all do it.. me too[emoji23] [emoji23]

There is an article headline floating around saying GVA says 'Sagan shouldn't ride so close to the barriers'.. but that's not actually what he said.. if you read the article the headline is just misleading.

Edited by Gen