The Classics

'Dale

Once again, in line with my comments about Sagan's questionable tactical ability Sagan made a tactical error again. Terpstra was not likely to beat him in the sprint, and Terpstra had more cards to play with QS riders chasing. it was really between GvA and Sagan. Sagan should not have let GVA out of his sight.

What i will say is that, long term this might help Sagan because by showing he is prepared to lose others might realise they have more to lose by not working...

On the other hand i was super impressed with the orica rider. He rode brilliantly tactically, staying cool with the bunch chasing down at the death, GVA was just too strong for him.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, in line with my comments about Sagan's questionable tactical ability Sagan made a tactical error again. Terpstra was not likely to beat him in the sprint, and Terpstra had more cards to play with QS riders chasing. it was really between GvA and Sagan. Sagan should not have let GVA out of his sight.

What i will say is that, long term this might help Sagan because by showing he is prepared to lose others might realise they have more to lose by not working...

On the other hand i was super impressed with the orica rider. He rode brilliantly tactically, staying cool with the bunch chasing down at the death, GVA was just too strong for him.

No but if Sagan pulls which he always does when he is on front he would've used too much energy for the sprint QS were relying on that because he always does.. yesterday he decided well you can all go screw yourselves.

Also GVA always stops working with Sagan from about 6/7km out.

I think Sagan needed to sacrifice the win for once to let the rest of the Peloton know that sitting on his wheel isn't a guarantee that you will get to the line in a podium spot anymore

Exactly..that's why I say I am glad he did what he did.

The mind games have begun ..

Edited by Gen

Can someone just tell me what happened with Degenkolb.. the initial move up the Kammelberg GVA went Sagan followed and Degenkolb also joined and then that group became what 5/6 riders.. bit when GVA went again I didn't see Degenkolb there with Sagan group.. was there more moves before where JD missed out on?

There was a group of about 15 riders. Degonkolp was in there. The group had about 30 seconds on the bunch, then some riders stopped working. Out of this group an attack went with 5 riders GVA, Sagan, Terpstra, Orica rider and one other. This was the winning move. Then in that group of 5 Sagan got pissed off with terpstra for not doing enough work and deliberately let a gap open, signalling to Terpstra to close it. GVA and orica rider didnt attack they just rode on while Terpstra and Sagan were playing games. Sagan tried to attack terpstra and other rider to get back, but failed and Terpstra chased chased him back anyway. 2 man sprint between GVA and otica rider in the end.

There was a group of about 15 riders. Degonkolp was in there. The group had about 30 seconds on the bunch, then some riders stopped working. Out of this group an attack went with 5 riders GVA, Sagan, Terpstra, Orica rider and one other. This was the winning move. Then in that group of 5 Sagan got pissed off with terpstra for not doing enough work and deliberately let a gap open, signalling to Terpstra to close it. GVA and orica rider didnt attack they just rode on while Terpstra and Sagan were playing games. Sagan tried to attack terpstra and other rider to get back, but failed and Terpstra chased chased him back anyway. 2 man sprint between GVA and otica rider in the end.

Thx.. I saw the end my. But missed the part where Degenkolb lost out.

Can someone just tell me what happened with Degenkolb.. the initial move up the Kammelberg GVA went Sagan followed and Degenkolb also joined and then that group became what 5/6 riders.. bit when GVA went again I didn't see Degenkolb there with Sagan group.. was there more moves before where JD missed out on?

John was in the front group of 14. But if you can, watch from 22km to go. They kind of started playing/going slower and that is when jens kuikeliere attacked which split the group. Greg, niki and soren was with jens and then peter rode across! John and the rest couldn't bridge with the jens and greg going super hard.

I think Sagan needed to sacrifice the win for once to let the rest of the Peloton know that sitting on his wheel isn't a guarantee that you will get to the line in a podium spot anymore

Fully agree, rather yesterday than this coming weekend!!!

Edited by Robo

John was in the front group of 14. But if you can, watch from 22km to go. They kind of started playing/going slower and that is when jens kuikeliere attacked which split the group. Greg, niki and soren was with jens and then peter rode across! John and the rest couldn't bridge with the jens and greg going super hard.

Thx.. I watched bits of it but the signal next to the hockey field was a bit shocking and kept on cutting..[emoji35]

One more thing was Degenkolb just badly positioned that he couldn't follow or didn't he have the legs.?

Edited by Gen

Thx.. I watched bits of it but the signal next to the hockey field was a bit shocking and kept on cutting..[emoji35]

One more thing was Degenkolb just badly positioned that he couldn't follow or didn't he have the legs.?

No legs in the last 20k I think. Burnt his matches trying to keep up with Sagz and GVA.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk