The Classics

'Dale

Sagan must be careful that he starts to sound like a broken record.There is always some small reference to the other riders and their tactics.

There was a number of team leaders that was far more committed to the chase than Sagan..plus when he did get clean air he made no impression on Terpstra's lead.

Just take it that the stronger rider and team won and move on.

He is getting stronger by the week so I think PR Sagan will be very close.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is crazy to think some of these guys will line up at Pais Vasco today..a classic like that must generate big fatigue but these guys are just amazing.

Imagine doing a 400 pluss tss day the day before you start a tour...????

Also with the first half of classic season almost done Sky can not be happy..absolutely nothing happening there!!

Kwaito got a stage race and Poels and Thomas had 1 or 2 ok days but classic wise I think this has been their worst season ever..

Sagan must be careful that he starts to sound like a broken record.There is always some small reference to the other riders and their tactics.

There was a number of team leaders that was far more committed to the chase than Sagan..plus when he did get clean air he made no impression on Terpstra's lead.

Just take it that the stronger rider and team won and move on.

He is getting stronger by the week so I think PR Sagan will be very close.

Lack of cooperation has been far worse in previous races..I don't think lack of cooperation was the case yesterday...Bora and Sagan got it wrong yesterday..and that's that .. he must move on, he is in good shape..bring on Roubaix and try again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Also with the first half of classic season almost done Sky can not be happy..absolutely nothing happening there!!

Kwaito got a stage race and Poels and Thomas had 1 or 2 ok days but classic wise I think this has been their worst season ever..

Add Katusha and DDD to the list too (although Eddie B got a 4th mid-week).been a shocking classics campaign for some teams.

It is crazy to think some of these guys will line up at Pais Vasco today..a classic like that must generate big fatigue but these guys are just amazing.

Imagine doing a 400 pluss tss day the day before you start a tour...[emoji21]

Yeah..Nibali going as a support rider for the Izaguire brothers..Kwaito as leader for team Sky.

Special mention:

Wout van Aert, specializing in a much shorter format of cyclocross racing now regularly featuring in the top finishers in 250 km road races

What a racer ????

Edited by 'Dale

Special mention:

Wout van Aert, specializing in a much shorter format of cyclocross racing now regularly featuring in the top finishers in 250 km road races

What a racer

Special mention:

What a racer

Yes, he sure has been noticed. I reckon QuikStep will sign him, and he will focus on road.

“Quick-Step did a beautiful race, I just think that the other teams didn’t respect the situation and collaborate."

Sagz, Velonews

I can understand Sagan's frustration but he should perhaps focus on his own team's tactics and weaknesses instead of expecting other teams to race in such a way as he wants them to race. 

I can understand Sagan's frustration but he should perhaps focus on his own team's tactics and weaknesses instead of expecting other teams to race in such a way as he wants them to race.

I tend to agree. Sagan could have picked any team he wanted, but he decided on the big fish in small pond tactic, this has its pros and cons. Having to rely on other teams is one of the cons.

At some point, in the final hour where the finalè was shaping, Oss from Bora' was trying to control the gap to the break and took the wind for about 10 mins.

And then Sagan tried to counter Terpstra's breakaway effort after the Kwaremont by pushing the chase forward with little or no support.

And then an eventual solo chase in desperation.

I reckon these are some of the moments that led to his comments.

Above all else, beautiful racing ????

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-of-flanders/photos/page-02/040-CORVOS_00029370-028.jpg