The Classics

'Dale

My biggest mistake with sport is that I get too emotionally involved hey.. every sport... I blame the Italian part of me.. and you know what.. my dad was like that and my eldest brother too.. I have sat crying when things go badly for whomever I support.... I mean that's bloody ridiculous don't you think.[emoji53]

I actually stopped watching football because it had just become emotionally too much for me, a girl can only take so much heartbreak..aso we all support different teams we end up not speaking to each other [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flip I hope not I hope we get Sean Kelly and not Phil and Co on Sunday..it has been so nice without them.

King Kelly generally comes with Carlton "Gee" Kirby but even with him it's still the best expert to listen to. Brian Smith is not bad as an expert, Rob Hatch calls it well, Magnus says um and Gee too much, the GCN crew are just awful, worse then PnP.  Matt Keenan has a great voice for newspaper.

Dave Harmon is missed. Cycling really has a dearth of good commentators once you've watched a few races.

Kelly, Roche and Harmon was standard on Eurosport years ago. Kirby and Harmon were interchangeable while David Duffield was the Daddy of the lot.

Eurosport on the streams or the Amazon fire tv is the place to be.

King Kelly generally comes with Carlton "Gee" Kirby but even with him it's still the best expert to listen to. Brian Smith is not bad as an expert, Rob Hatch calls it well, Magnus says um and Gee too much, the GCN crew are just awful, worse then PnP.  Matt Keenan has a great voice for newspaper.

Dave Harmon is missed. Cycling really has a dearth of good commentators once you've watched a few races.

Kelly, Roche and Harmon was standard on Eurosport years ago. Kirby and Harmon were interchangeable while David Duffield was the Daddy of the lot.

Only really watch freebie Eurosport streams, and concur with most above although I do find Carlton a tad much sometimes, He thinks he knows more than he does if the broader scheme of things ( ie difference between limestone and sandstone today) and I don't think it such great form to laugh at your own self indulgent jokes the whole time, 

Sean is really a treat, I really like his reserved manner. Matt Stephens is okay with me.

Matt Keenan - no thanks *** he is tedious especially when it is solo.

King Kelly generally comes with Carlton "Gee" Kirby but even with him it's still the best expert to listen to. Brian Smith is not bad as an expert, Rob Hatch calls it well, Magnus says um and Gee too much, the GCN crew are just awful, worse then PnP. Matt Keenan has a great voice for newspaper.

Brian Smith is really good hey..spot on with what's going on in the race..

Sagan is also keen to ride Scheldeprijs as a sign of respect for Tom Boonen. This year’s Scheldeprijs starts in the Belgian’s hometown of Mol, with all his family and friends at the start to celebrate his final race in Flanders. Boonen will retire after targeting a fifth victory at Sunday’s Paris-Roubaix.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-to-ride-scheldeprijs-despite-the-pain-of-tour-of-flanders-crash/?utm_content=bufferd53b0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Brian Smith is really good hey..spot on with what's going on in the race..

Yea Smithy is fine, normally seconds someone. Carlton enjoys taking the pi$$ out of him.

There is that Irish fellah as well who is cool, all in all the Eurosport team are tops.

I really wouldn't mind paying for a legit subscription (and getting good HD streams) but there is no way for us 3rd worlders.  Maybe something to do with a media monopoly here?

Any news on Sagan. I have been thinking about Sunday's off and the more I think about it the more sympathy I feel for him. While I'm glad PG won and it was an amazing solo effort the accident did ruin some aspects of the race.

Sagan looked really shaken and he isn't easily shaken. Hope he OK for Sunday.

And I should say I have the honour of the Carlton banning me on twitter because I keep telling him how to pronounce saffers names such as van Zyl and Meintjies

Any news on Sagan. I have been thinking about Sunday's off and the more I think about it the more sympathy I feel for him. While I'm glad PG won and it was an amazing solo effort the accident did ruin some aspects of the race.

Probably stirred but not shaken, he is hungry for monumental win imo. If all else fails to cheer him up he can always check his bank account balance.

Check link above.. he is okay - ish. battered and bruised..his hip is particularly sore though.. but plans on riding tomorrow.. so we'll see.

And I should say I have the honour of the Carlton banning me on twitter because I keep telling him how to pronounce saffers names such as van Zyl and Meintjies

Ha is that you.. I have seen those tweets

And he banned you from correcting him.. pfft

Edited by Gen

Anyone watching Tour of the Basque Country?  The honourable Carlton and Matt on duty..

Really beautiful scenery - its a unique place in Europe, especially culturally. Here's a fact: its the only language in Europe that is not of Indo European roots.

Edit: source

Edited by kosmonooit

Anyone watching Tour of the Basque Country? The honourable Carlton and Matt on duty..

Really beautiful scenery - its a unique place in Europe, especially culturally. Here's a fact: its the only language in Europe that is not of Indo European roots.

Edit: source

https://youtu.be/S1l9oDiSiEQ

Following not watching..I am wrapped up too much in the classics atm to give a damn about the GC okes[emoji13]

Kirby is far too full of himself, I did enjoy him in the pre Sky days but he's gone rogue the last few years. And the chuckling at his own jokes is just awful.  And the hero worship. Liggett fell into that with LA and Kirby has become a fawning adolescent to Sky and Sagan.

Kelly is worth having Kirby though. Just. At least his call of the sprints is still good.

The kids often ask why I'm watching in Dutch, French or Italian when English is available. It can be that irritating.

Probably the best tweet from RVV was after Gilbert won:

post-35786-0-75164900-1491324195_thumb.jpg

Kirby is far too full of himself, I did enjoy him in the pre Sky days but he's gone rogue the last few years. And the chuckling at his own jokes is just awful. And the hero worship. Liggett fell into that with LA and Kirby has become a fawning adolescent to Sky and Sagan.

Kelly is worth having Kirby though. Just. At least his call of the sprints is still good.

The kids often ask why I'm watching in Dutch, French or Italian when English is available. It can be that irritating.

Probably the best tweet from RVV was after Gilbert won:

attachicon.gifPS1172.jpg

I quite enjoy the Sporza coverage,. they do a great pre race show and 30min into into it the Flemish is easy to understand.