The Classics

'Dale

Drama, drama, drama  :huh:

New UCI president David Lappartient won’t be rolling out the red carpet for Lance Armstrong’s expected return to Flanders this spring.

Armstrong has been invited to a high-profile event scheduled on the same weekend as the Tour of Flanders in April, but Lappartient insists the banned-for-life Texan won’t be allowed to attend any official function associated with the Belgian monument.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/lappartient-says-armstrong-not-welcome-flanders_455232#uZDwQxPTK5eERiA8.99

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno what the Tour of Flanders organisers were thinking in extending this invitation to LA.

Edited by 'Dale

[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Yeah I am not sure LA is the financial draw card he thinks he is..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Somehow don't think Flanders organisers will just bow to the UCI .. not like LA will be there in any official capacity as understand keynote speaker on the Friday evening and then a guest on race day.

Yeah I am not sure LA is the financial draw card he thinks he is..[emoji6]

The question was what were the Flanders organizers thinking, not what Lance was thinking ????

The question was what were the Flanders organizers thinking, not what Lance was thinking ????

which of the spring classics are we talking about?

There's your answer

The question was what were the Flanders organizers thinking, not what Lance was thinking [emoji6]

I can't think that it is going to turn out well for either party...

But it will be interesting to follow this potential train crash.

I can't think that it is going to turn out well for either party...

But it will be interesting to follow this potential train crash.

Again, not sure the outcome was being questioned, but more the motivation, ai ai Gen... think today its your turn to focus ;)

Dale had it spot on, Lance is making a comeback of sorts, people are listening to his opinion and his podcast is gaining lots of followers. Just in the same way that the Giro will probably try and get Froome there and attempt to capitalise off of the surrounding controversy, the Classics might do the same.

Lance being present at cycling races makes a whole new segment of the market watch the races, the reality TV bunch, the usually wont make an extra effort.... I doubt any of the existing cycling fans will have have a moral hernia and not watch because he is allowed to do a podcast from his van outside the parking lot.

How will it turn out there? Meh, probably uneventful unless molehill are turned into mountains.

Again, not sure the outcome was being questioned, but more the motivation, ai ai Gen... think today its your turn to focus ;)

Dale had it spot on, Lance is making a comeback of sorts, people are listening to his opinion and his podcast is gaining lots of followers. Just in the same way that the Giro will probably try and get Froome there and attempt to capitalise off of the surrounding controversy, the Classics might do the same.

Lance being present at cycling races makes a whole new segment of the market watch the races, the reality TV bunch, the usually wont make an extra effort.... I doubt any of the existing cycling fans will have have a moral hernia and not watch because he is allowed to do a podcast from his van outside the parking lot.

How will it turn out there? Meh, probably uneventful unless molehill are turned into mountains.

Aah sorry yes..i am definitely out of focus today...[emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by Gen

‘Project Roubaix:’ Gilbert’s unlikely road map to win cycling’s hardest race

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/project-roubaix-gilberts-unlikely-road-map-to-win-cyclings-hardest-race_455552#aHFkKFrdA3u5vXBk.99

I enjoyed this end : 

If he wins Roubaix, there is still Milano-Sanremo. Of that race, Gilbert quipped, “It cannot be that hard to win. Merckx won it seven times.”

‘Project Roubaix:’ Gilbert’s unlikely road map to win cycling’s hardest race

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/01/news/project-roubaix-gilberts-unlikely-road-map-to-win-cyclings-hardest-race_455552#aHFkKFrdA3u5vXBk.99

I enjoyed this end : 

If he wins Roubaix, there is still Milano-Sanremo. Of that race, Gilbert quipped, “It cannot be that hard to win. Merckx won it seven times.”

Any one know if the Quickstep riders hit near Nelspruit were part of their classics squad?