The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A break that features either of Oss or Burghart is most likely not to be given much rope. And there in lies Bora's problem. And I haven't seen that Bodnar's been racing either. Basically having a rider in the break is a good idea but I don't know if they have a diesel with a big enough engine for that to work.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Bodnar raced Flanders, he did not finish..on a course like Flanders he did the job earlier in the race..and boy they did do a lot early on..think Juraj was in the front what seemed like forever.

That is perhaps the problem..they don't have the right kind if riders and enough for Flanders... ...Bodnar (and I am sure Kolar will be in the PR squad) will be used differently on Sunday..this is why I think they will fare better at PR.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moaning won't help..no they made tactical errors on Sunday..and as good as what Bora were at Ghent, that is how wrong they got it on Sunday.. not the only team to get it wrong.

No, but they are the only team with a $10m rider who gets marked by everybody and moans about it.

Bodnar raced Flanders, he did not finish..on a course like Flanders he did the job earlier in the race..and boy they did do a lot early on..think Juraj was in the front what seemed like forever.

That is perhaps the problem..they don't have the right kind if riders and enough for Flanders... ...Bodnar (and I am sure Kolar will be in the PR squad) will be used differently on Sunday..this is why I think they will fare better at PR.

I guess it just shows the differences between the races and how teams plan for it. That said perhaps Bora should have done a bit more thinking ito their resources and how to use them. Because one rider, no matter how brilliant or maverick, can win races on his own all the time especially against a team as good as QS.

I guess it just shows the differences between the races and how teams plan for it. That said perhaps Bora should have done a bit more thinking ito their resources and how to use them. Because one rider, no matter how brilliant or maverick, can win races on his own all the time especially against a team as good as QS.

Yep.. it takes time to build a complete squad.

P-R baby..the riders he has as support (Oss, Burghardt, Bodnar, ..big brother) will give him support for longer at PR[emoji6].. and lady luck...hope they have a Sagan proof tyres for him for Sunday..that guy and his PR punctures[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Yeah remember that long-range attack from Sagz during last yesr’s edition

And then pfffttt puncture

Yeah remember that long-range attack from Sagz during last yesr’s edition

And then pfffttt puncture

If I recall he punctured twice..

Apparently he is really hard on equipment..from his early mtb days [emoji23][emoji23] that's why I say Sagan-proof tyres.[emoji23]

Edited by Gen

I like Sagan but part of me wonders if Sagan has the maturity to lose to someone from his own team. (Ala QS)

Good point.

I like Sagan but part of me wonders if Sagan has the maturity to lose to someone from his own team. (Ala QS)

Would be cool to see the rainbow jersey put in a killer effort for a teammate to win..that's what they need..that extra card to play.

That would throw the rest a curve ball...they they can do it on Sunday..make Oss the leader and let Sagan go smash it at the front or up the road like Oss did for GVA last year.[emoji16]

Edited by Gen

I'm really enjoying the classics this year. ...after Telkom upgraded infrastucture. .I can now stream Eurosport via a vpn...Happy Days...????

No, but they are the only team with a $10m rider who gets marked by everybody and moans about it.

For sure..less moaning and more pedalling...he does need to figure it out..if he is able to.

I hope he does

Inspection day...

Latest forecast says it will be a dry Roubaix

f2c5934ee2295d61e33c2f51bce6496c.jpged2b0bae79fbd95233c176658fb4c2c4.jpg

Edited by Gen

Would be cool to see the rainbow jersey put in a killer effort for a teammate to win..that's what they need..that extra card to play.

That would throw the rest a curve ball...they they can do it on Sunday..make Oss the leader and let Sagan go smash it at the front or up the road like Oss did for GVA last year.[emoji16]

Oss definitely has what it takes to win a big classic.

You think Sagz is a team player?.... have not seen much of that !!