The Classics

'Dale

Well GVA will be the marked man on Sunday .. so maybe they'll forget about Sagan for the day.

Joint favourites I would imagine. And besides that quote you posted shows a peed off champ. Sagz will make an impact as usual. Fireworks expected!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joint favourites I would imagine. And besides that quote you posted shows a peed off champ. Sagz will make an impact as usual. Fireworks expected!

Yip he isn't often peed off but he clearly was today..

He can just drop them all again next week Sunday[emoji57]

I was next to the hockey field and was streaming a bit but the signal kept on cutting to I missed a bit and then had to drive home[emoji35]

Edited by Gen

Yip he isn't often peed off but he clearly was today..

He can just drop them all again next week Sunday[emoji57]

He rode a good race today and you can't always win everything but damn he was pretty much full gas from when he and GVA dropped the peloton. Such a good racer and entertainer. Only mistake today was thinking Terpstra would help with chasing down GVA. Sorenson was barely holding on then. Early rounds to GVA.

RVV will be hectic as Phil Gil will be gunning for a win as well. Another in some red hot form!

He rode a good race today and you can't always win everything but damn he was pretty much full gas from when he and GVA dropped the peloton. Such a good racer and entertainer. Only mistake today was thinking Terpstra would help with chasing down GVA. Sorenson was barely holding on then. Early rounds to GVA.

RVV will be hectic as Phil Gil will be gunning for a win as well. Another in some red hot form!

Indeed.. can't wait. He looked very strong up Kamelberg (?) Gained a lot of positions and that over the rougher part of it.. must be wary of positioning though..looked like he was held up behind Martin's crash.

Maybe it's a good thing L'Etape was cancelled now I can watch the whole race and the ladies before it.

The guesthouse said they have got DSTV especially for the cycling.. so that's all good lol

Edited by Gen

Indeed.. can't wait. He looked very strong up Kamelberg (?) Gained a lot of positions and that over the rougher part of it.. must be wary of positioning though..looked like he was held up behind Martin's crash.

Maybe it's a good thing L'Etape was cancelled now I can watch the whole race and the ladies before it.

The guesthouse said they have got DSTV especially for the cycling.. so that's all good lol

The Kemmelberg is the name. I think Sagz will be aware of his positioning. Don't think it cost him today but next week it might.

Enjoy your weekend away even without L'Etape it sounds like it'll be good fun.

Would have loved a Sagan win. Was willing him on those last kilometre. Thought he would be able to cross the gap when he attacked his fellow chasers at the traffic islands but there is only so much a man can do on his own, even a world champ.

Happy with a GVA victory as consolation prize though.

These classics are much more entertaining to watch compared to the TDF watch-my-power-meter-religiously racing "tactics".

Its understandable. sags has made a name for himself. No one wants to work for him so that he can get the win. Its unfortunate for Sagan though.

But GVA won, so I'm happy.

Ja I saw that bit where Terpstra stopped working in fact sommer stopped pedalling when GVA went up the road.. they always rely on Sagan closing the gap, I am actually glad he didn't it's about time the rest start doing their share if they want the win or chance at the win. QS actually screwed themselves by those tactics..too concerned about beating Sagan and not enough planning on how to win.

Check out @gagedesoto's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gagedesoto/status/846096200654819329?s=09

Edited by Gen

Now that the Volta and Epic are also done.. we can turn all our focus to the Flanders Build up.. how many sleeps?

Ja I saw that bit where Terpstra stopped working in fact sommer stopped pedalling when GVA went up the road.. they always rely on Sagan closing the gap, I am actually glad he didn't it's about time the rest start doing their share if they want the win or chance at the win. QS actually screwed themselves by those tactics..too concerned about beating Sagan and not enough planning on how to win.

Check out @gagedesoto's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gagedesoto/status/846096200654819329?s=09

Yeah and look at the few kilometres before that split. It was only greg, jens and peter working in front and when they fell back niki would open a gap for them to slot in, with soren behind niki. Then peter forced him them through.

Kind of stupid from niki as peter said. But having said that, greg and jens were still rolling so I think peter should've continued.

Yeah and look at the few kilometres before that split. It was only greg, jens and peter working in front and when they fell back niki would open a gap for them to slot in, with soren behind niki. Then peter forced him them through.

Kind of stupid from niki as peter said. But having said that, greg and jens were still rolling so I think peter should've continued.

I think he just at that moment decided.. ag F you all lol

Can someone just tell me what happened with Degenkolb.. the initial move up the Kammelberg GVA went Sagan followed and Degenkolb also joined and then that group became what 5/6 riders.. bit when GVA went again I didn't see Degenkolb there with Sagan group.. was there more moves before where JD missed out on?

Zero! There will be no sleeping between now and RVV. Just excitement.

*Anticipation intensifies*

He he he